Neil Peart, legendary RUSH drummer, dead at 67

Legendary drummer who had way more tragedy in his life early on (lost his daughter and then his wife). Read his book about riding his bike across North America. His impact will live on.

Aww man, not another one, all my favourite musicians are dying way too soon. :(

I didn't know about his battle with brain cancer, but man, I don't know what to say. Gord Downie, Marie Fredriksson, and now Neil Peart, all taken from us way too soon by brain cancer. RIP, and truly a sad day in the music world.

Man I am really bummed about this.

Grew up as a big Rush fan. Not so much the last 15 years, but still a fan. What a drummer. I might want to read his book on his biking adventure.

Sad sad news in the world. RUSH is one of my favorite bands. Unfortunately, I never got to see them live. It was always bad timing whenever they came close to my neck of the woods. Now I guess I never will.

I hope you and Gord are hanging our wherever you are.

RIP Neil, your music, and life, touched many.

He was something else , didn't realize how good he was until I saw him live in about 91 ,

Hoooooly fuuuuck it was otherworldly , started paying more attention to and appreciating the drums more in music after that .

RIP

Besides Peart's obvious mastery of percussion, he seemed like a genuinely down to earth person even though his playing/lyrics were so dense. I think thats such a hard needle to thread- being someone who is so far advanced in his profession but has the humility of an everyman.

Very sad news

The best rock drummer of his generation, he and Danny Carey are my favourite drummers ever. Shame they never got out to Oz.

Rest in peace. Jammin' with Leonard Cohen and Gord Downie. Bet they're writing some great tunes up there.

I always thought this was the most underrated song Rush put out...

Neil Peart and Eddie Van Halen in the same year

2020 can lick my taint

He’s still dead?

This year is getting worse and worse.

He was Rush. He wrote their songs.

Back