Media Neil Magny frustrated that Khamzat took “easier” fight with Edwards

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

Who knows if it’s an easier fight for Khamzat or not, but who would blame him for taking a fight with #3 ranked guy over #9 ranked guy.

Can’t believe I have to explain this to you, Neil, but Khamzat doesn’t have the ability to offer HIMSELF a fight in the UFC. The UFC offers the fights, and the fighters can either accept or decline them.
<{1-17}>

If you’re going to be “frustrated” at anyone, be mad at the pink goof.
<31>

Edit: mods you can merge the threads, I didn’t see that there was already a thread about this.

Last edited:
Léon is khamzat toughest fight possible in welterweight, even tougher than Usman stylistic wise. ( maybe burns is the toughest actually).

If khamzat wins, he ll get the title shot.

Thank you Wreckless lol I put in a good 10 Minutes making that.
tenor.gif

Has he not looked at the rankings? Despite UFC playing games, Leon is a higher ranked opponent.

I would've been more interested in Khamzat-Magny stylistically. He'll ragdoll Edwards.

Rankings are BS and seemed to have hindered the sport more than helped it, but really, why would you choose to fight a lower ranked guy when you can fight a higher ranked guy? Plus, Khazmat just wanted a fight. He would have fought Magny if that fight presented itself first.

Has Magny not watched the fights "Magny vs RDA", or "Magny vs Maia",

1. Agreed, he'd rather fight a #3 (and a stand up fighter who won't hurt him much) to a #9 (and a grappler who won't hurt him much....but could very well Clay Guida his ass.
2. Disagree. you're pretending Khamzat has no leverage with matchmaking. He does. All fighters do. Not final say, no. But not no say either.

but most importantly

3. Khamzat doesn't get to say things like "no one in the top 10 will agree to fight me" when Mangy was actively lobbing to fight him, in private and in public. That being said, he quickly stopped saying this after Mangy publicly corrected him, so this complaint is a bit outdated.

However and whyever the fight got made, yes, the risk-to-reward fighting Edwards is better than the risk-to-reward fighting Mangy. Good for Khazmat. Sucks for Mangy.

Last edited:
Edwards has a better ufc record than Magny and has beaten better opposition.

What happened when Neil took on RDA?

Magny was the fight to make. He wanted to fight Khamzat, he's the number 10 ranked guy, which is already more than Khamzat deserves, and he's a great fighter a perfect test to see if Khamzat is the real deal. They're just trying to book Khamzat into title contention as fast as possible, and it's bullshit he's hopping over so many guys because he KO'd Meerschardt.

Neil isn’t wrong

He has much better wins and is more active

Magny got ragdolled by RDA lol... Edwards is 100x the fighter Magny is.

Low IQ take. RDA was a top tier fighter at one point. Stylistically a grappling heavy fighter with great cardio like Magny is going to have a better chance vs Chimaev than a UK fighter with poor wrestling and no finishing ability like Edwards.

Magny is rightfully upset his fight with Khabig is fizzling. He was the first to call out Khamzat, whereas Leon didn't want to. Agree with TS, his frustration shouldn't be directed at Leon though, it should be at Dana/UFC.

Dana played it dirty, and took away Leon's ranking to basically force him to fight then giving it back when he complied. This gives Chimaev a ranked opponent to add rocket fuel to his stardom.

If Khamzat is a true future champ, I hope they're not rushing him too fast. Magny would've been a perfect primer, but rushing him to Leon is a pretty big risk. Beating either of those guys with ease would convince me he's the real deal.

Back