need rec for boxing shoes, headgear, shin guards

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by ambertch, Jun 8, 2008.

1. ambertch

ambertch Purple Belt

I need some gear recommendations after looking at some of the gear reviews. I've included my thoughts on what I currently have

Shoes

got these title's TITLE Lo-Top Boxing Shoes from Title Boxing

They don't really have any support or structure, the whole shoe is soft so if I tie them up tight it cuts off circulation. If I loosen them up my foot starts to shift around and I don't feel like I'm moving any faster than in tennis shoes.

Headgear

I have this "air max" unit Titan Air Max Training Headgear at Ringside.com It breathes well but doesn't protect your head worth a crap. Sometimes if I spar lightly without it I can't even tell the difference.

Was looking into the Title "gel" headgear as well as the Winning headgear <-- dunno if there's a good fitting cheaper unit than the Winning

Shinguards

I was actually thinking about the High Gear
    Shop - Tony Blauer Tactical Systems

they are shit expensive but are wrap around and supposed to fit real good - I'm tired of duct taping my crappy shinguards Vinyl Shin Guard at Ringside.com On top of that I feel like those shinguards don't really protect me that well

2. deh707

deh707 Orange Belt

i have tried title's version of that headgear

TITLE Classic Power Air Training Headgear from Title Boxing

and i agree, it doesn't absorb shots as good as other headgears i have tried, like the title platinum. whenever i get hit while wearing the title power air headgear, i can feel a stronger sting. even with the everlast amateur competition headgear (with cheeks), i can feel the difference. and training/sparring headgears are supposed to be more padded than the amateur competition headgears. i guess the cheaper title/ringside power air headgears aren't in the same league as the higher priced headgears.