Need info on mouthguards from sporting goods store

mcdonkey

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Does anybody use mouthguards from sporting goods stores like Sports Authority, Modells, etc? I'm looking for a comfortable and effective mouth guard that won't cost me too much. I know there are way better quality expensive mouth guards like custom stuff out there but I'm really just looking for something temporary for the moment.

Shock Doctor Gel Nano or Max are easy to find and are very good.

I like the cheaper ones without the gel I find them less bulky, I just ordered a protech dent, they're crazy thin so it'll be perfect for bjj, you get 2 for $40 so it's not super cheap and you have to order two. But ya I prefer my $1 guard over my SD gel.

Just wanted to add that I tried the Shock Doctor Gel Nano and found it to be a poor choice for training in my experience. The plastic guard on it makes it jut out into your lip line significantly. This was both a bit uncomfortable and also cuts me when I get popped in the mouth.

If you want custom you should check with your dentist. Mine offered to make me one for $30. He does all the mouth guards for the local hockey team.

Before that I just used a cheap bite & boil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back