need help with hunger...please!

hitmanrva1

Black Belt
Reaction score
hey guys....first off my goal is to have a showing 6 pac...thats it...i do lots of weight lifting...lots of cardio...but the reason why i cant reach the goal is my very poor diet...im seriously addicted to junk food....i eat outside of my house atleast once a day and if i dont eat burgers or pizza or tacos once a day i usually get headaches...i know it sounds funny but thats how addicted i am...several times ive tried to go without eating once a day but after a couple days i go back....i also hate veggies...i love fruits, chicken,tuna,breads,oatmeal,shakes and all of that shit....but i just cant stop eating junk...i mean i dont like chocolates,or ice cream and i dont ever drink soda...but the damn burgers are keeping me from my goal and also jeopardizing my health for the long run..is there anything u guys would recomend about this? maybe making my own burgers...or maybe taking hunger suppresent pills...or seeing a psychologist or somehting....

btw im not fat...i have fat though...i have 17 percent body fat so i guess thats pretty bad

Im with you. Food is my weakness I eat junk on the run..it's just a way of life in america...I can do good for a while but i eventually get back in the habit.

Man, 6 packs aren't for everybody. If you love junk food so much then keep eating it. Do what makes you happy.

J/K

Good luck with than man. You can do it!!!

I don't have great advice, just hard work advice.

One of the best tidbits I ever got was to take the food you crave and substitute something healthy and low-calorie that resembles it. So...instead of a Ben & Jerry's or big bowl of ice cream covered in Magic Shell, I eat Dole Fruit Juice bars with no sugar added.

I don't know about burgers. Do you only like the fast food kind? Maybe there's a health restaurant in your city that serves a healthy burger (there were a couple places in NY, and with burgers, I couldn't tell the difference; in fact I liked the healthy ones more...but then, I hate burgers- believe me, when it comes to B&J, no freaking juice bar is fooling me).

Or maybe you could buy lean ground beef and make your own burger with low-sodium teriyaki and a Foreman Grill; use fat-free ricotta cheese or fat-free mayo instead of the real mayo. Get Veggie Slices: a soy cheese (it tastes better than the fat-free dairy-based cheeses, IMO). The rest is healthy: lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, etc.

Work the substitutes; it's not easy, and it never kills the cravings (honestly, sometimes doesn't even help), but it's better than stonewalling it.

Ok...here's what you do...take a digital photo of yourself...no need to smiile...and copy and paste into a word document. Type in the document...DO NOT SERVE ME. Make a few hundred copies of it and dessiminate it to all the local fast food places in your area.

Hope this works.

Try making food yourself. I love burgers myself and I used to eat a ton of fast food burgers, now I just make them at home on the foreman grill. Use extra lean ground beef (trader joe's has some really lean beef for cheap) or turkey patties and you can get yourself a lean burger that's fairly low cal. Replace white buns with whole wheat and use less cheese on it. You get your burger fix, and you're not eating 1000 calories and 60 grams of fat.

Another thing I do is once a week, I eat what I want. Instead of wasting my splurge on Jack in the Box or something, I'll go get a big greasy burger at a resteraunt like Red Robin. Splurging like this once a week or so isn't going to kill your diet, and it lets you feel like you're still enjoying food at least somewhat.

As for eating on the go etc....I try to plan out my day in advance. In the morning I figure out what I'm doing that day, and I plan how I'm going to eat. If you get hungry on the go, keep a healthy meal replacement bar with you or something. I have a stash of GROW! protien bars in my desk in case I get hungry, since there's nothing but garbage to eat here. It can be done. I was in the same place as you, I was eating 2-3 burgers a day. But with a bit of extra planning and maybe some extra hassle, you can eat healthier and not miss out on all the good stuff.

I havent eaten fast food in a LONG time, and like you, I absolutely LOVE food. Ill give ya a little recipe of mine for a some damn good burgers...

- Start with 80/20 beef (you can go leaner, but these are by far jucier than 93/7)
- Dump all the meat in a big bowl, and add salt/garlic salt and pepper
- Make your own patty, personally, I use about 1lb of meat for my patty
- Throw em on the top rack of your outdoor grill and cook till they are done. DO NOT mash them, or poke them, as this will drain the juices.

After I learned to make these, I never payed for another burger I didnt make myself.

If you're working out, try eating less food more often. When you go to Burger King, just get a burger and a water. Skip the fries. I eat about 5-6 times a day but I eat very healthy. A six pack is hard work for most people. Your body fat has to be single digits before you start getting that kind of definition, depending on genetics of course. On a side note, fighters and body builders plan their peaks, so when you see guys in the ring, they are peaking physically. Same goes with Men's Health cover models those guys only look like that when they have a shoot coming up. It's unhealthy for us mere mortals to walk around with anything less than about 7% body fat. Good luck man, and work on your will power.

Man its all about willpower. Its hard man, I went through the same thing. A suggestion on how I broke the habit was by not carrying any cash on me. That way if my friends went by a fast food joint, I wouldn't get any food. Also you might want to watch Supersize Me. I do wish I had more support in my diet though.

thanks a lot guys im thinking about buying my own lil girll so i can make my own burgers......how much healthier are these burgers over ones at carls and shit

hitmanrva1 said:
hey guys....first off my goal is to have a showing 6 pac...thats it...i do lots of weight lifting...lots of cardio...but the reason why i cant reach the goal is my very poor diet...im seriously addicted to junk food....i eat outside of my house atleast once a day and if i dont eat burgers or pizza or tacos once a day i usually get headaches...i know it sounds funny but thats how addicted i am...several times ive tried to go without eating once a day but after a couple days i go back....i also hate veggies...i love fruits, chicken,tuna,breads,oatmeal,shakes and all of that shit....but i just cant stop eating junk...i mean i dont like chocolates,or ice cream and i dont ever drink soda...but the damn burgers are keeping me from my goal and also jeopardizing my health for the long run..is there anything u guys would recomend about this? maybe making my own burgers...or maybe taking hunger suppresent pills...or seeing a psychologist or somehting....

btw im not fat...i have fat though...i have 17 percent body fat so i guess thats pretty bad
Can you show us your workout plan and stuff?

hitmanrva1 said:
thanks a lot guys im thinking about buying my own lil girll so i can make my own burgers......how much healthier are these burgers over ones at carls and shit

buying my own lil girll .. .

I had to read that one over to make sure I got it right. Haha. I get what you mean now.

Anyways the health of the burger is what it is. If you make your own using good meat then it will be cool. I don't eat burgers at all anymore. I like grilling steaks instead.

hitmanrva1 said:

buying my own lil girll .. .

I had to read that one over to make sure I got it right. Haha. I get what you mean now.

Anyways the health of the burger is what it is. If you make your own using good meat then it will be cool. I don't eat burgers at all anymore. I like grilling steaks instead.

If you eat a lot of fast food then I don't think you should try cutting it out all at once. I used to eat a fair bit (curry, chinese, McDonalds and pizza) and I cut down gradually.

Now I have a chinese every now and then as a treat, and that's it.

Ted-P said:
Can you show us your workout plan and stuff?
well i have 3 dif workout days....on one day i do chest and shoulders....on another i do arms ....and on another i do legs and abs.............i also do cardio everyday by either playing basketball...or hitting the punching bag

hitmanrva1 said:
well i have 3 dif workout days....on one day i do chest and shoulders....on another i do arms ....and on another i do legs and abs.............i also do cardio everyday by either playing basketball...or hitting the punching bag
Heavy lifting with high intensity workouts such as tabata training. And I think you move too much and dont get enough rest.

If you wanna get shredded, you need to do some high intensity stuff. Not necessarily HIT. According to Martin Rooney, with intense anaerobic condition your body releases tons HGH, making you look jacked.

Back