Need Help wih Alternative Gear Options

iBuSHiDo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm going to be joining an MMA gym pretty soon and I'm trying to gather up enough gear so I can train throughout the week without having to do a load of laundy every other day. I'm pretty tight with cash so as much as I would like to order up all the badass shorts and rashguards on the internet, I'm trying to find out if anyone has anything good to say about gear and apparel that could all be found at let's say a Modell's. I have a few underarmour shirts and a couple of Nike ones of the same material. I'm guessing those will be fine. What I'm most concerned with is shorts. The way I did it when I trained BJJ a while back was to wear a pair of those really short spandex type of shorts that some MMA fighters wear, and then I'd wear a pair of long board shorts over that that I bought off the PRIDEFC website. That always felt good for me so I'm hoping to get both kinds. Anybody have any info at all about decently priced shorts you can pick up at a place like that? Any specific suggestions regarding the brand or material? Thanks.

not sure what modell's is, but i'm guessing it's like a sports chalet or sports authority.

if money is tight then you don't really need the vale tudo shorts, but if you prefer wearing something of that nature under your board shorts then i suggest just getting some compression shorts.

as far as board shorts no need to go all out and get sprawls right away. when i first started i would wear board shorts from old navy that were on sale for $10

if you don't want to go that route and pick up mma specific vale tudo and mma shorts then i suggest checking out truth shorts

The TXMMA Store : , Home of TRUTH Fightwear & the Best Deals in MMA!

for vale tudo shorts

Fightgear for Boxing, Mixed Martial Arts and More at Thunder Fight Gear

forgot to mention for the compression shorts target sells a 2-pack for around $10

Products

Rashies and boardshorts for under 25 bux at cagewalk.

And a Modell's is basically a Sports Authority, it's a US east coast thang.

Hit me with a PM. I have some old inventory I'll let you have cheap or free. I just need to get it out of my warehouse for the space. Some if it is samples from vendors, screen printing was wrong, wrong color, stuff we found cleaning the shelves, etc. It's not worth putting up on the site because I really can't retail it. Hit me with a PM or drop me a line on on my site and I'll hook you up.

alright cool, I'll look into compression shorts. And yeah, sorry, I just assumed Modell's was known coast to coast. It was really weird to find that out. I thought it was a joke because I spelled it wrong or something. It's basically exactly the same as The Sports Authority, or any other sporting goods store. Thanks a lot guys.

alright cool, I'll look into compression shorts. And yeah, sorry, I just assumed Modell's was known coast to coast. It was really weird to find that out. I thought it was a joke because I spelled it wrong or something. It's basically exactly the same as The Sports Authority, or any other sporting goods store. Thanks a lot guys.

try marshall's or tj max. they have pretty nice compression shirts from nike, champion, adidas and whatnot and have aton of shorts as well. You will be able to find a bunch of good stuff cheap. while you are there you might find some Extreme Couture shirts as well. I saw a few last time I was there for $15.

I get all my gear from the above mentioned stores....

Boardshorts - Marshall's, TJ Max, Old Navy

Rashies - Modell's has some called Maui and Sons (short sleeved and super comfy) for $10. Walmart has some OK ones too.

The only "fight" specific training apparel I have is a pair of Twins MT shorts I got on sale from CSI.

Back