Need help from Twins Distributors! Are my gloves legit???

TheLionTamer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So I bought a pair of the 16oz Twins Special fancy gloves with the dragon design. I have seen them in black on numerous sites with either the gold or silver dragon pattern, but mine happen to have a white dragon pattern.

So I bring them into my muay thai class and my kru who is from thailand told me that they aren't legit for the reason that they don't make black gloves with a white dragon pattern. The thing is everything about them seems legit. Good quality leather, tags, and look exactly like the ones on other websites minus the color of the dragon.

For you Twins distributors do you know if in fact they did make the black/white dragon pattern? I have searched all of the major muay thai sites and I haven't been able to find them in the black/white pattern except for the site that I bought them from. Here are some pics. Thanks in advance guys

032.jpg

031.jpg

034.jpg

Twins does make these in black/white you can see them at the factory's website at www.twinsspecial.com here's the link for that same glove http://www.twinsspecial.com/detailfbgv-6.html

I'm not sure if you bought these from me or not, but I do sell these and I get all my stuff directly from the Twins factory in Thailand so I know for a fact that they do make these in that color and they are legit.

yeah i actually did get them from you. thanks! i knew they were legit, but just needed some confirmation. like i said everything about them seemed legit as they are the best pair of gloves that i have ever owned.

btw the service from ndmartialarts.com is top notch. the prices are great and all of their stock is stateside, which means really fast shipping (it beats waiting for a month for stuff to come directly from thailand).

I also bought the same exact pair of gloves from ndmartialarts and i absolutely love mine.

hey baka i actually live in west los angeles also. moreso towards culver city. i train bjj with rey diogo, judo at sawtelle, and muay thai with kru rex in the valley, although i will probably switch to the yard in downtown la just because the commute on the 405 to valley is killing me

hey baka i actually live in west los angeles also. moreso towards culver city. i train bjj with rey diogo, judo at sawtelle, and muay thai with kru rex in the valley, although i will probably switch to the yard in downtown la just because the commute on the 405 to valley is killing me

:icon_cheeI live around Overland! I have a friend who goes to the Sawtelle dojo and sometimes rolls at Rey Diogo's. Sent you a pm!

yeah they look fine and if you brought them from nd I know that he uses the Twins factory over here, so you cant really go wrong.

I wrote a little bit on telling fakes from geniunes in the reviews. I don't know if it will be any help to any people, because it's pretty hard to tell fakes and geniune products now.

To be honest it's really difficult unless you have a geniune and fake product side by side. This is further complicated because each glove is handmade, so no pair are exactly the same.

Usually a geniune pair will have the geniune leather sticker on the cuff, it will have the Twins tag (however we tend to take this off when we are checking our products out of stock.) And the logos will be pretty solid on the top part of the gloves. However we did just have a batch from Twins where the logo was pretty transulation.

I think the biggest test though is just to use them. If you find the leather splitting and the dye coming out on your hands after a few training sessions then chances are you got a fake or a bad batch.

You could also ask the retailer if they buy direct or through a third party. Some will take offence. However if they are like me they will just tell you straight. Another give away is the pricing. If they are stupidly cheap then you need to ask yourself why?

Back