Need Help from the California Folk - Re: Mundials

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by anaconda, Mar 27, 2008.

1. anaconda

anaconda Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Hey guys, I want to start planning my trip for the mundials but I need help with hotels around long beach.

Any recommendations for decently priced places? It seems the hotels directly in Long Beach are more pricey (because theyre on the beach?) What cities are there around Long Beach that are still close to the university?

Is there a decent hotel in the university? What cities are around Long Beach?

Thanks guys.

2. tf

tf Inside BJJ Podcast

I don't know about specific hotels but if you're willing to drive a little bit, the Carson/Torrance area is a decent place to stay.

3. Sherdog_Mutt

Sherdog_Mutt Purple Belt

Will you have a car? Or do you need a place within walking distance? What's your price range?

Some cities around Long Beach include: Los Alamitos, Seal Beach, Lakewood, and Carson. A wee bit further and you have Torrance, Huntington Beach, and Compton. If you have a car, I would recommend staying in Torrance or Huntington Beach.

4. anaconda

anaconda Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I havent made up my mind yet but I'm thinking it will just be so much easier to rent a car.

How far are Torrance and Huntington Beach from the competition? (traffic included :) )

I'd say a decent hotel around $100 a night would be nice, but I think to get something decent I wouldnt mind going to $150. Depending on how many guys we have with us it might end up being cheap anyway.

5. pescimove

pescimove White Belt