Need help finding a particular kind of fighter to study.

MilesP4P

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am looking to study two particular kinds of kick boxer.

Lately I have been watching alot of guys who tend to catch the kick and then counter their opponent, I know saenchai is a household name and was wondering who are some muay thai fighters who specialize in this besides him.

ALSO I am looking to watch some guys who are really good at checking the kick and then countering with their own kick.

Thank in advance.

For block and countering with their own kick the first that come to mind are Superlek and Pet U Thong

Other fighters would be Kaimukkao, Sangmanee, Petchpanomrung (his stadium fights, not KB), Thaksinlek.

For catching, i don't really remember but Thaksinlek, Pakorn and Superbank should be good.

Thanks man! Will check them out right now!
In a kickboxing setting Petrosyan countered Petchmorrakot quite well in ONE. Only two fights to study though. I think the names mentioned above should provide a lot of fights to study.

Pretty much all high level stadium fights will get you both of those qualities...

Anything you will want to study for muay thai you will find on Sylvie's youtube channel

One of the few, if not the only legit channel on youtube that breaks down muay thai technique. Forget about Muay Thai guy, Lawrence Kenshin, Sean :eek::eek::eek:an.

Actually Muay Thai PROS seems ok also but haven't seen so much of it.

Last edited:
Back