Need Help cutting for wrestling season

M

MMAKiDChris

What's up everyone!

Im looking for help on how I could possibly lose weight and drop from 185 to 155-160lbs by December 1st? I am currently cutting with 1600 calories, that usually works for me.

Btw I'm 17 years old, I strength train 4 times a week and I do BJJ Tuesday and Thursday.

Say it aint so....

What's your body fat at right now, because I am thinking that dropping 25 lbs in a month or two at your age really isnt a great idea unless you are in shit shape.

Don't know if you'll be able to do that, thats 17% of your total body weight.

When I wrestled in high school I would go from 240 to 225 to cut down to 215 before matches. Similar ammount of weight to loose, but it was only about 9% of my weight. I remember it being a constant struggle during wrestling season to keep my weight down, running, sauna, running, sauna, running, sauna, dieting, dieting.. It was very very tough and I was trying to loose more than I had. I was the guy that would shave his whole body and throw up before weigh ins just to loose 1/4 lb because it mattered.

again I was trying to loose about 9% of my weight, which was incredibally horrible and sucked like crazy.

you want to loose 17% thats almost double.

Moving up to heavyweight my senior year was the greatest thing ever, I won more matches, and just had more fun because I didnt have the weight monster hanging over my head. I made it deep into the states, where the year before I barely broke .500.

Hell, when I got to the college ranks I couldn't cut from 230 to 197 and pass a hydration test...........I was definately a weight cutting newb though. I ended up quitting and going into the military. Wish i stuck with it. I miss wrastlin. Why the hell would you want to cut to 155? people put soo much emphasis on cutting weight that they 1. neglect skill work. 2. neglect strength training 3. end up cutting so much weight that it takes such a toll on the body that the athlete does worse than he would have at his natural body weight.

Agreed with the above posts ... too many kids in high school think they need to cut ... I would walk 155 off season and cut to 112 , and if I could go back in time I would kick myself in the d1ck for doing it.

Back