Need help choosing a truck, selling old car

highkicknomore

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
My Toyota Corolla 97 seems to be on its last legs. It has 240k miles and the mechanic said it's better to sell it now than spend money on a regular basis trying to maintain it. Last week, the engine was leaking and it cost me $250, probably spent $800 so far this year for repairs.

I'm thinking of getting a used truck because I'm going to conventions to sell my shirts. I'll probably be hauling tables, banners and of course the shirts. My budget is around $7k.

What truck is the best for $7k ie gas, maintenance, etc?

Also how much should I sell my Corolla for? Blue book value is around $1700 for the worst condition which I think might be...issues with the car...front passenger doesn't open, dent on driver door, paint is bad.

Man, I have a used Nissan Frontier crew cab and I really like it. There are a lot there and they aren't as expensive as Tacomas, but they test just about as well. I found mine on auto trader, but Craig's List had quite a few as well.

Sounds like a van would be more practical for you than a truck

Rape_19a851_570593.jpg

If you want to look at SUVs, check out Xterras. There are a million used ones out there.

for 7k youre talking Toyota Tacoma.

Mine's at 150k miles, and my mechanic says he sees them at 300k regularly.
Mine is a 99 Tacoma, and I spent 300 bucks total on maintenance (other than oil, brake pads etc) in the first 75k miles I owned it (75-150 on the odometer). Just had to do timing belt and clutch, but that's life. Not bad for treating it like shit for 10 years. 20 mpg aint too great, but not bad for a 4WD.

Man, I have a used Nissan Frontier crew cab and I really like it. There are a lot there and they aren't as expensive as Tacomas, but they test just about as well. I found mine on auto trader, but Craig's List had quite a few as well.

Ok, I'll check it out. Thanks.

for 7k youre talking Toyota Tacoma.

Mine's at 150k miles, and my mechanic says he sees them at 300k regularly.
Mine is a 99 Tacoma, and I spent 300 bucks total on maintenance (other than oil, brake pads etc) in the first 75k miles I owned it (75-150 on the odometer). Just had to do timing belt and clutch, but that's life. Not bad for treating it like shit for 10 years. 20 mpg aint too great, but not bad for a 4WD.

Noob question, is there a Tacoma that's 2WD?

How much does it cost to fill up the tank? I'm used to paying about $45 per week on my Corolla.

question, is there a Tacoma that's 2WD?

How much does it cost to fill up the tank? I'm used to paying about $45 per week on my Corolla.

Yes, they make Tacomas in 2WD, although no matter what you get you're gonna lose out on gas mileage. Most trucks will likely get less than 20 mpg unless you get a tiny S-10.

if you're not looking to spend that much on a taco you might want to consider the canyon or the colorado.

Back