Need Good price on Cacao beans

mhalp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just purchased some Organic Coco Nibs - 100% raw unprocessed Cacao Beans,

This is the stuff that chocolate comes from - minus the processing, sugar and other crap.

It is a little bitter, but it is delicious. It is also very healthy:

5 Gram Serving

calories 28.2 - calories from fat 18
total fat 2g
saturated fat 1 gram
cholestotol 0 mg
total carbohydrate 2 gram
fiber 2 gram
sugars 1 gram
protein 0 gram

Package also claims to have (per 5 gram seriving) 12% of RDA for Vitamin C.

I am addicted to this stuff. After a snack, I feel high from endorphins that were released.

My problem is that I have found one source of this stuff, and it is expensive.
I bought it at mercola.com. It was $19.99 (+ $9.00 for shipping) for a 16 ounce package.
I am looking for a cheaper source. I am only interested in raw unprocessed cacao.

Here is my review of the mercola.com store:

I ordered the product on November 21. The site did not mention that the item was out of stock, so I assumed that it would ship right away. When I placed the order, the site emailed me a confirmation of the order, but no tracking information. On November 23, I emailed their customer service (their web site has no number to call) asking when I could expect to receive the order. Nobody replied. On or oround December 5, the site emailed me with ups tracking information and I received the item on December 12th.

The site was respectful in not charging my credit card until they shipped the item.

I love the stuff but so not want to pay $19.99 per pound. Does anybody have any cheaper sources?

Thanks

i know natural zing sells cacao for $18/lb plus $6 for ground shipping (at least that's the shipping cost for my area).

i just froogled it and came up with:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4422768244&category=20578
http://puresweeteners.com/id31.html

a produce store that i go to sells the nature's first law brand cacao so you might want to see if your local health food store carries it. and according to http://www.patricktimpone.com/main/audio/wolf_david_july16%20hourone.mp3, whole foods in austin carries it so i'm assuming all whole foods should carry it.

Ok. I got a question. You said this was "very healthy". But by my calculations its like 40% fat? Half of which is saturated? Am I missing something?

Flounder said:
Ok. I got a question. You said this was "very healthy". But by my calculations its like 40% fat? Half of which is saturated? Am I missing something?

Nothing is wrong with fat - fat is good for you. Saturated fat is also good for you.

People who believe otherwise have been brainwashed by the Soybean and Corn industries.

Take a look at populations who traditionally lived on diets that consisted of mostly saturated fats, like some Polynesian tribes who eat mostly coconut based foods. They have no heart disease or diabetes. It is only with the adaption of a "modern" diet that consisted of simple sugars and refined carbohydrates, that heart disease and diabetes started to afflict the people.

In addition, take a look at traditional Eskimos who eat all fat and protein diets. They also have no heart disease and diabetes.

Back