Need a protein shake alternative

Odhinnfist

WAR BEARD!!!
Reaction score
Hey Guys, My problem is this, my girlfriend's little brother is 17 and lives in Tennessee where he informed me today that he is unable to buy protein powder. He said that stores can't sell it to anyone under 18. He wants to know what he should drink or eat immediately post-workout and I wasn't entirely sure what to suggest for him. Any suggestions?

Meat would be a good start :)

I thought about meat and cottage cheese and milk too. I wasn't sure about the protein from the meat and cottage cheese being absorbed quickly enough though. Ultimately I suggested a yogurt and milk shake with some wild berries and a little peanut butter in it.

full glass of milk
some chocolate syrup
2tbsp of peanutbutter
some honey
dextrose

Thats got like almost 40gs of protein and some quick carbs in it

then tell him to eat something about half hour to hour after the shake... something good in carbs and protein.... maybe lke a chicken breast with brown rice.... whole wheat pasta... and maybe another glass of milk... depending if he is cutting or bulking or maintaining...

do they have the internet in Tennessee? :D

sorry i have nothing more to add.

i'm guessing his parents don't approve of the supplement taking, and the kid is too young to own a credit card.

but hey...if anything, this'll make him learn/understand proper nutrition from whole foods a lot quicker/better than the average bear.

blessing in disguise?

Why can't they sell protein powder to under 18s? thats ridiculous. I suppose he can eat loads of steak instead.

Little miss Muffet... Eating her curds and WHEY.

She was eating cottage cheese.

Cottage cheese is your friend. Learn to love it. All the time. With breakfast, with lunch, with dinner. Everytime you're in a store that sells cottage cheese, you should buy a container of cottage cheese. The next time you're in a store that sells cottage cheese, you should need more cottage cheese.

It's a food that goes with just about everything, seriously.

i'm guessing his parents don't approve of the supplement taking, and the kid is too young to own a credit card.

but hey...if anything, this'll make him learn/understand proper nutrition from whole foods a lot quicker/better than the average bear.

blessing in disguise?

Yeah you're absolutely right, it is a blessing in disguise. He just needs a little help getting started. He's been a really big kid for most of his life and his parents have fairly atrocious eating habits, so he's tryign to clean up his diet and exercise the right way. I'm trying to help set him on the right path though. He'll be getting his first real job soon too, so he'll be able to buy his own food as opposed to eating what his folks eat. I can get him on the 7 rules then too...

I love America...

Protein Powder == Bad and Suspicious
McDonald's == Good

The shear tonnage of what people don't know in this country is just astounding.

You don't have to be 18 to buy protein powder...just tell him to go to a different store or call the person out. It's just like the douchebags that card everyone in line when someone buys alcohol, or quiz you on your drivers liscense when you buy lotto tickets. It's not their fuckin job or the law...

I love America...

Protein Powder == Bad and Suspicious
McDonald's == Good

The shear tonnage of what people don't know in this country is just astounding.

Says it very well..

Do they have the internet in Tenn.? I am not positive but I think if he can manage to find teh internets he can buy protein powder online......

Surley he has a buddy that is 18 and really if mom and dad don't want him on it (misinformed be it) Then yeah from his foods

Also unless it is some law in TN go to GNC because there is no federal law on that

Back