NCAA Wrestling Championships 2008 Team Title

TacWar

Green Belt
Reaction score
So I waited a while to post this as I figured someone would have posted it already, but hey I haven't seen it out here so here it goes.

The University of Iowa Hawkeyes ARE the NCAA 2008 Wrestling Championships Team winners. Going into the final round tonight everyone else can only hope for second best. Having met Tom Brands and growing up in a time where Dan Gable's Hawkeyes dominated all competition to become one of the greatest college sport dynasties ever. I am happy to see the Hawkeyes win the NCAA tournament, the Big Ten Tournnament, and the Cliff Keen National Duals. Tom Brands is a class act and if you get the chance to meet him do it. Congratulations to the Iowa Hawkeyes, and good luck to all the competitor's in the finals tonight.

So since the hawks have it wrapped up who does everyone think will get 2d? I'm gonna go with Ohio state takes home second place with ISU third, Penn state 4th and Nebraska 5th, but Nebraska put on a strong showing this year and it is looking up for their program.

I was thinking Ohio State to for a second because they got a bunch of guys in the finals but im almost positive all of them will loose.

I was thinking Ohio State to for a second because they got a bunch of guys in the finals but im almost positive all of them will loose.

OSU
Bergman OSU #2 vs FOx Northwestern #1
Purcillo OSU#2 vs Varner ISU #1
Jagger OSU #6 Mendez Cal-poly #1

PSU
Davis PSU #2 vs Michalak #4 Central mich
Jenkins PSU #6 vs Metcalf Iowa #1

So my predictions for these results and I believe its 4 points per match in the finals (not really sure tho don't know the scoring).

For OSU to take 2d it will soley rely on purcillo vs varner and I really think Varner will finish his season unbeaten. Really that completely shuts down everyone else's chance to place 2d. However for third I think Pen will get a win with Davis and take 3d and personally I think OSU will get blanked and take 5th.

Locked up already?

ALRIGHHT! Go Hawks! Congrats.

I'm gonna sneak to our break room and look at some of the finals matches for my lunch tonite.

Back