• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Natural Born Killer on losing popularity/relevance.

Love Condit... A little more before the Diaz fight, but I can't fault him for fighting to win.

Here's a vintage fight of the young NBK, great finish:

Hes a cool guy and everything but youre not going to have alot of fans when youre skinny with no muscle definition... dont know why he doesnt lift and get muscle, girls just dont get wet when he fights like they did with gsp or trt vitor. Theirs a reason Luke is the biggest star in the ufc rite now hes shredded and huge with massive veins.

After that Diaz fight he should have been banned from the sport

It happened. He's rarely ever talked about these days and he was a fan favorite. Why? Was it because he lost to GSP, Hendriks, and Lawler? Was it because he was out of the mix after getting injured against Woodley? OR, was it because he it failed to live up to his reputation when he fought Diaz. Or was it a combination of all of these things. Personally he lost me as a fan after Diaz. I think Diaz won but that's not important. Did he fight smart against a Diaz? Probably. Is he still a brutal killer? Yes, absolutely.

I think NBK was the guy with the best chance of finishing Nick and he didn't go for it. I feel like that was the beginning of him not living up to his reputation. He smashed Alves and Kampmann but it still didn't matter. He tarnished his brand imo.

What do you think? He should have came out and fought Diaz the way he fought Hardy and Kim. Two brutal KO's before he went into the Diaz fight and he played it safe with the leg jabs and running. I can't be the only one who felt let down by him after that fight.

He won that last fight, at least from watching on TV which I know can seem different than watching live, so I understand why he is pissed.

Love Condit... A little more before the Diaz fight, but I can't fault him for fighting to win.

Here's a vintage fight of the young NBK, great finish:

damn NBK beat the crap out of that asian fighter he was half a foot taller than..

didn't show the same heart when he straight up ran from nick diaz tho

1 fight per year in the last 3 years.

Tough to give a shit about a guy who's spent 42 minutes in the cage in 3 years.

It's also tough to care about someone who says they'll retire if they can't get a title fight. Why would anyone want to support a champion who isn't hungry and is on the brink of retirement the moment he loses?

Last edited:
Robbie is my favorite fighter of all time and Condit is my second favorite....but yeah...Condit won that shit. I have rewatched it a couple times and still think Condit should be champ.

And he's not talked about cause he doesn't make a shit load of noise, trash-talk and tweet ridiculous shit. Doesn't mean his popularity is down. I think majority of his fans might actually think he's callin' it quits. So in that case...what is there to talk about? He might be done, and I don't really blame him.

Totally agree with everything in this post. 2 of my favourite fighters of all-time and I was on the fence that fight - I thought Condit won it.

Even if Robbie had deserved the decision - he's a total badass and we're blessed to watch him fight

Eh, him saying he's seriously thinking about retirement, and Jackson Wink coach that Helwani interviewed saying he barely shows up at the gym anymore these days? Can't exactly get exited about a fighter who's thinking about not fighting anymore, can we?
When they have a highlight reel like Condit we can. Pretty easily in fact.

When they have a highlight reel like Condit we can. Pretty easily in fact.

Hardcores can, doesn't mean what have you done for me lately casuals or popcorn connoisseurs like myself can. If he ain't fighting or creating TMZ drama then why should I keep him on my mind?

It happened. He's rarely ever talked about these days and he was a fan favorite. Why? Was it because he lost to GSP, Hendriks, and Lawler? Was it because he was out of the mix after getting injured against Woodley? OR, was it because he it failed to live up to his reputation when he fought Diaz. Or was it a combination of all of these things. Personally he lost me as a fan after Diaz. I think Diaz won but that's not important. Did he fight smart against a Diaz? Probably. Is he still a brutal killer? Yes, absolutely.

I think NBK was the guy with the best chance of finishing Nick and he didn't go for it. I feel like that was the beginning of him not living up to his reputation. He smashed Alves and Kampmann but it still didn't matter. He tarnished his brand imo.

What do you think? He should have came out and fought Diaz the way he fought Hardy and Kim. Two brutal KO's before he went into the Diaz fight and he played it safe with the leg jabs and running. I can't be the only one who felt let down by him after that fight.

Came in expecting Condit to be talking about relevance and losing it. Once inside all I see is this. False advertising.

He is ofc still a high level and exciting fighter, but lately he looks like is not hungry as before, plus he isn't been that active

Feels like he's become disillusioned with the sport and doesn't want to compete anymore.

Because I like Condit and I think that hurt his career. He fell off. Not all of us are a one guy super fan. We're fans of the sport. Maybe don't cling onto your dream boyfriend and you can have a objective conversation like the rest of us. I was rooting for Diaz but I thought Condit had the best chance at taking Nick down. I would have respected that and wouldn't have gotten a cold sore because my guy lost.

There was nothing objective in your post, a thinly veiled, "I'm a fan of XXX...BUT..." thread.

He's still exciting as fuck. Nothing has changed in that regard for me at least.

im not one of those types that would stupidly judge a fighter based off of ONE FIGHT, i swear some of you are like that bitter ex that just can't move on with your miserable lives

Condit hasn't been very active as of late so i guess that is one of the main reason he isn't talked about as much

There was nothing objective in your post, a thinly veiled, "I'm a fan of XXX...BUT..." thread.
nope. you're wrong. i like carlos. and i'm not here to take sides. look at the number of my posts. i'm not a hardcore nuthugger. i like to bring up conversations that i find interesting. i have no agenda.

i would like to add that i just now rewatched the diaz vs condit fight. i had diaz winning 1,2,3,5 by todays standards. that leg kick bullshit wouldn't stand today. neither does fight metric. diaz pressed the majority of the fight. i think the fight would have scored in favor of diaz by today's standards. don't trust me. rewatch the fight. diaz tried to make it a fight.

Hardcores can, doesn't mean what have you done for me lately casuals or popcorn connoisseurs like myself can. If he ain't fighting or creating TMZ drama then why should I keep him on my mind?
Why would I give a fuck what the casuals do or what you keep on your mind? If you're a fight fan you're prob gonna be excited about Condit. It's as simple as that. If he doesn't get you excited, find another sport.

Condit is still my favorite fighter and I enjoyed the Diaz fight as I watched it live. Never seen it again, but at the time it seemed like Diaz was supposed to grind through anyone on the feet and Condit solved the puzzle.

well,i remembered thinking that it would be a high volume bloodbath,and so did everyone else,and instead Condit completley outsmarted Diaz,and the forum completley lost their minds. The maximum overrustle sent tidal waves to all shores

He hasnt lost popularity . but if he would fight more often then he would have more relevance

Back