Nathan Maness

Michael Jordan

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
His fight wasn’t the most exciting, but considering he had a change in opponent like 30 hours before the fight, had to move up a weight class (so he cut some weight for no reason), got fouled about 6 times, and was still able to win against a step up in competition from his original fight, I think he’s a promising prospect. I thought he showed pretty good takedown defense and he has a solid stand up game. Would love to see him against someone in his weight class (that doesn’t just try to squeeze him against the cage ) so he can let his hands go.

what did you all think?

Last edited:
His fight wasn’t the most exciting, but considering he had a change in opponent like 30 hours before the fight, had to move up a weight class (so he cut some weight for no reason), got fouled about 6 times, and was still able to win against a step up in competition from his original fight, I think he’s a promising prospect. I thought he showed pretty good takedown defense and he has a solid stand up game. Would love to see him against someone that doesn’t just try to squeeze him against the cage so he can let his hands go.

what did you all think?

I don't think he has any future in top 10.

I think he did well and should get a nice step up in opponent, whenever he gets done icing his balls.

AllCloudyBaldeagle-small.gif

I don't think he has any future in top 10.
Based on what? He got the call up to fight Ray Borg 9 days ago. Had to fight someone else in a higher weight class on barely a days notice , someone who is a high level grappler, and won. I think with a training camp and in the correct weight class, he can definitely be top 10.

Based on what? He got the call up to fight Ray Borg 9 days ago. Had to fight someone else in a higher weight class on barely a days notice , someone who is a high level grappler, and won. I think with a training camp and in the correct weight class, he can definitely be top 10.

Because the other guy was 135ber. This guy is 145ber. I think he looks pretty good on feet, but that's it I think. I don't think he has upside at his age with that level of grappling.

Because the other guy was 135ber. This guy is 145ber. I think he looks pretty good on feet, but that's it I think. I don't think he has upside at his age with that level of grappling.
?? Nathan is a 135 pound fighter.

I also didn’t think his grappling was bad at all. He defended nearly all takedowns from a heavier opponent who was undefeated, winning most fights by submission. Munoz is a legit UFC talent, at least grappling wise.

So was the other guy then. He looks good on feet, but dime a dozen I think. But hey mma is unpredictable, so who knows. Wish him the best.
They fought at 145 after Nate was about 140, because Munoz couldn’t make it to 135.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back