Nates stance switching to avoid the kicks...

That first push kick by nate was fucking amazing, ol ninja nate.

Yea it was great to see. I don’t think anyone was too surprised that Pettis eventually wilted. What was a surprise, to me at least, was that he wasn’t able to blast ND repeatedly before doing so. Great job from Nate.
he got some good shots in for sure, esp early. But looks like nothing hitting Nate.

This is one thing I havent seen a lot of attention to by the media. He was continuously switching stance and lifting his leg, better than Ive ever seen. We all know he likes to brawl but it was nice to see him make an adjustment for once.

Glad someone pointed it out. Nate and nick are continually shit on for “not evolving” and now here he is proving that he can make changes and everyone goes silent

This quote from diaz is why I love him...Everyone says hes delusional with the belt talk but if you talk to any fighter they'll tell you it takes a bit of delusion to tell yourself your the best all the time. Bisping was talking about this on his podcast.

“I’m just the best fighter in this whole game and they’re giving belts to other people and making people work for belts,” a fired-up Diaz said. “But I’m the champ and as far as I’m concerned, [Masvidal] is too.

”I’m motivated to fight the best fighters judged on what I think and what real martial artists think, and who we think are the best.

“The champs right now, they’re just good at loopholes to winning, not technical martial artists. I think Jorge Masvidal, besides me, is the best in the game at it, and I thought Pettis was also.

“That’s why I asked for that fight, and I knew it was a dangerous fight. And that’s why I went in there with kill or be killed attitude because I knew that’s what I was risking fighting him or Masvidal.”
Pretty well said by Nate

He chose his words very well that night, as a guy who stumbles around his words it was kind of impressive

Just needs to resharpen his hands now. Man his boxing looked kind of labored in there. Fortunately for him he was wise enough to close the distance.
Believe it or not

Inside game is also boxing

And he looked amazing there
I don't think there was any intention on making this a clean / technical fight at range

Nate looked fantastic. I cant say I noticed the stance switching in particular, but the leg kick checks and knees were serious additions to his game.

If nate Diaz had good takedown defence, he would be an all time great. You can only master so many things, tho. Jiu jitsu and boxing excellence takes him right up to the top echelons of fighters but he will always have a rough go against a wrestler.

Very cool to see him adapt tho. that kick check in the gif above is nasty - Pettis goes flying.

Just needs to resharpen his hands now. Man his boxing looked kind of labored in there. Fortunately for him he was wise enough to close the distance.

He landed a number of very tidy 1-2s that stunned Pettis, one in particular was directly before the knees that nearly ended the fight.

People are saying this because Nate was wise enough not to stand in open water with Pettis and wait for him to slam home a body/head kick that ended the fight.

He rushed forward constantly and fought him in the clinch, not boxing range, but he still got good punches off.

Back