Nate vs Rda

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Everyone constantly brings this fight up when discussing Nate as being potentially the best LW around right now..

I rewatched that fight this morning.. And wow.

I forgot how bad Nate looked.. He just visibly looks like shot. He missed weight by 4 pounds (only time in his career), he has absolutely no definition to his muscle and looks flabby.. He's dealing with over a year of ring rust..

Should we really use this fight to reference anything?

you are not always at your best going into a fight
best that Nate just put this one behind him

RDA is a very good fighter and could easily challenge for the belt
as could Nate

I think Nate had injury issues gong into that fight

RDA the only fighter to give a Diaz brother the stockton slap

you are not always at your best going into a fight
best that Nate just put this one behind him

RDA is a very good fighter and could easily challenge for the belt
as could Nate

I think Nate had injury issues gong into that fight
He had something going on for sure..

Everyone constantly brings this fight up when discussing Nate as being potentially the best LW around right now..

I forgot how bad Nate looked.. He just visibly looks like shot. He missed weight by 4 pounds (only time in his career), he has absolutely no definition to his muscle and looks flabby.. He's dealing with over a year of ring rust..

He was injured against rda. Plus good southpaw leg kickers are his worst match up generaly speaking although he adjusted well against a top lw in Micheal Johnson.

Not to mention the contract dispute with the UFC as well

I don't personally invest much in the RDA fight. I'm not entirely certain of what was happening in Nate's life outside of the cage, but I can say it's probably the worst I've seen him look (right up there with the Thompson fight when he looked two steps behind from second number one). The dude was moving in quick sand the whole fight and just looked incapable of executing anything well. Maybe he was sick, or injured - not sure, but I know I don't put much into that fight when examining his career as a whole.

Diaz is definitely a beatable guy, but on that night he did indeed look shot. When he's on, though, whoa, he's a fucking scary dude.

Expect an X-ray pic with no explanation he didn't give an excuse hats off to him

Expect an X-ray pic with no explanation he didn't give an excuse hats off to him
Yep. He just lost and didn't talk about it much.

That's the best way to handle fighting injured or whatever. Nobody likes excuses

Imo, there's no way that was the best Diaz has to offer.

RDA is a bad matchup for nate , RDA also has better groundgame than most people think. Nate had lowkicks and takedowns he had to worry about and coming off layoffs with ring rust doesn't make it better.

I think nate is a good ''fighter'' but he miss the technique and speed that top 10 - top 5 fighters have. The micheal johnson fight was a vast improvement because nate checked most kicks and controlled the range very well especially in the 2nd and 3th round.

If nate learns to check kicks better and learn to utilize lowkicks and oblique kicks with speed and accuracy he actually would have a good chance against RDA.

Not a chance is Nate the best LW right now. lol

RDA will probably always be able to beat Nate Diaz the exact same way

Not a chance is Nate the best LW right now. lol
Well he's ranked #4.. So, considering there's like 100 LWs in the ufc.. To think anyone is the best is kinda stupid.

The best is probably someone were all overlooking

I think Diaz is better than the front runners though

Well he's ranked #4.. So, considering there's like 100 LWs in the ufc.. To think anyone is the best is kinda stupid.

The best is probably someone were all overlooking

I think Diaz is better than the front runners though

"To think anyone is the best is kinda stupid."

Then you say "The best is probably someone we're all over looking."

That's a thought.

Yeah, why not.

Give brother Nate a chance to get back a win!

Don't worry we will soon have Alvarez vs Connor as the measuring stick for LW

That's a thought.
Im just saying, if there's 150 LWs on the ufc roster

That's a thought.
The difference is I didn't name a fighter and proclaim them to be the best.. Im being realistic and admitting the best LW, is likely someone we are all overlooking

But I read your earlier post. I guess you decided to bitch out and edit your post. It really made me laugh, because you called me stupid and your post made no sense at all.. and read like it was written by an 8 year old

That was the worst I've ever seen Nate look.

Bendo dominated him also, maybe worse than RDA actually.

Back