Nate Diaz Was and Continues to Be a Gift Matchup for Conor

Nate is better than Conor.

That doesn't mean Conor will win. I'm picking Nate again.

Nate has his strengths. His chin and his cardio do complicate things for Conor. But make no mistake, he is one of the most favorable matchup in the top 10. When I say he's a gift matchup, its not because he's an easy fight. Its because you'd be hard pressed to try and convince another guy in the top 10 to not out grapple Conor, not employ an elusive strategy, or a kick heavy strategy, but instead, just stand in front of him and throw bombs. That is as good a matchup as Conor can ask for at LW.

But here are the facts for all the fan girls who keep acting like he's the worst matchup in the division.

• Nate is not fast or athletic
  • Nate has no threat of kicks
  • Nate has always had questionable defense. In other words, he doesn't get hit too much, but he is very bomb prone. When he does get hit, they are huge shots but he relies on his chin to keep him in the fight. (Remember that "no one can take the left hand", so it wasn't supposed to matter).
  • He has a steep ground advantage, but unlike most fighters at LW, he makes no effort to employ it. The only reason Conor got submitted is because he took the fight to the ground, not Nate.
  • Nate Takedown threat is non existent. Everyone knows the Diaz's brothers' weakness is wrestling.
  • Nate has been known to have very limited punching power. He can overwhelm you, but he is not a one-punch hurt you kinda guy, except against Conor apparently

Just think about it. Why on earth did the UFC give Conor the Diaz fight on short notice when Cerrone was also available, and willing to make the right weight?

Guys in the division like Cerrone, Ferguson, RDA, Khabib, Alvarez, etc. Would grapplefuck the living shit out of Conor, especially the Conor that showed up to fight Nate. They would rape him on the ground.

Just look at this takedown defense
BlankWarmCaecilian.gif

This could be the only fucking single leg Diaz hits his entire career.
Cerrone wold grapplefuck Conor??? WTF are you smokin?

I see what you're saying. Yeah, I think the fact that Nate guarantees you a stand up fight, with no kicks or "KO power" (at least that's what they said before the fight), to me makes him a favorable matchup. What I'm basically saying is that there aren't many lightweights who wouldn't try to expose Conor on the ground. Even strikers like MJ are far more elusive and fast than Nate which presents different problems. I feel Nate is favorable in that him and Conor have the exact same gameplay and neither will exploit the others weak area.

You saw what he did to Aldo in 13 seconds and the way RDA finished Cerrone. Conor could land a bomb at any time and who knows the fight could be over quick. Nate can take those shots. Cerrone maybe would not be given that time to take it to the ground?

You saw what he did to Aldo in 13 seconds and the way RDA finished Cerrone. Conor could land a bomb at any time and who knows the fight could be over quick. Nate can take those shots. Cerrone maybe would not be given that time to take to the ground?
Possibly, he could end it before Cerrone had the chance, sure. But it is a steep bet for him to KO Cerrone. RDA fight was different because Cerrone had no business taking him to the ground, he would have gotten beat there too. Conor has the gaping weakness so more guys can gameplan against him.

Cerrone wold grapplefuck Conor??? WTF are you smokin?
Cerrone has always had reactionary takedowns when guys come out swinging. He did it to Barboza in the first 8 seconds he took him down. In his last two fights against Cote and Olivera, he hit takedowns as soon as the fight started and they were on fucking point. The only fight where he didn't do that was guillard years ago.

Conor did fine in the first round against Nate was beating him up. Nate beat Cowboy up. If Conor unloaded on Cowboy it be over fast.

Cowboys chin is legendary, that boys hardly ever been hurt.

He ate 300+ punches from Nate and was never even rocked. Conor ate a 1-2 from Nate and was on queer street.

He ate 300+ punches from Nate and was never even rocked. Conor ate a 1-2 from Nate and was on queer street.
So fucking true. But don't let the fan boys here that. "Cerrone is a quitter."

hqdefault.jpg

Cerrone has always had reactionary takedowns when guys come out swinging. He did it to Barboza in the first 8 seconds he took him down. In his last two fights against Cote and Olivera, he hit takedowns as soon as the fight started and they were on fucking point. The only fight where he didn't do that was guillard years ago.

Cowboy is one of the most improved fighters in the UFC. Especially his wrestling and his boxing as well based off his last fight.

Possibly, he could end it before Cerrone had the chance, sure. But it is a steep bet for him to KO Cerrone. RDA fight was different because Cerrone had no business taking him to the ground, he would have gotten beat there too. Conor has the gaping weakness so more guys can gameplan against him.
thats not "wrestlefucking" you clown. also Cerrone stands and bangs with everyone.

I bet your gifts are just what people didnt want.

Not really, he has stopped must of the fighters he faced in 1-2 rounds. Cowboy would face an onslaught straight away. Cerrone fell apart when RDA attacked him in the first. Conor would do the same and he probably hits the same at 155, so it could be over quick. We don't till they do fight so this just speculation.

thats not "wrestlefucking" you clown. also Cerrone stands and bangs with everyone.
When did I say wrestlefucking? Clown? Cerrone takes down and submits Conor. Conor has the TDD of drunk bamby and has never hurt anyone over 5 foot 7. That is the point.

That's one way of looking at it. Or you could say, Cerrone has been stopped twice, only by kicks. Conor has no such kicks in his arsenal and has never hurt anyone over 5 foot 7.

When did I say wrestlefucking? Clown? Cerrone takes down and submits Conor. Conor has the TDD of drunk bamby and has never hurt anyone over 5 foot 7. That is the point.
you said "grapplefuck" with is essentially the same thing you clown.

You know when that left landed to Conor chin, the attempted takedown took place a minute 30 seconds after that? He took all those shots and was still standing and even fired back a few punches of hes own. Conor was tired he took all those shots and just made a error in judgement to try to outmuscle a guy who was bigger then him when fatigued?

you said "grapplefuck" with is essentially the same thing you clown.
Meaning he will take him down and submit him, not that he's gonna lay on him. Unfortunately, Conor's sub defense wouldn't allow for a decision.

I see what you're saying. Yeah, I think the fact that Nate guarantees you a stand up fight, with no kicks or "KO power" (at least that's what they said before the fight), to me makes him a favorable matchup. What I'm basically saying is that there aren't many lightweights who wouldn't try to expose Conor on the ground. Even strikers like MJ are far more elusive and fast than Nate which presents different problems. I feel Nate is favorable in that him and Conor have the exact same gameplay and neither will exploit the others weak area.

I think anyone at LW that stands with Conor for long enough is gonna take a big left hand, I think unless MJ uses his wrestling, he gets hit with it and doesn't take it like Nate. I think guys like Cerrone, Pettis, MJ or Barboza would be easier fights for Conor than is Nate. I also don't think Nate is as easy to hit as everyone seems to think, especially not for guys that are like Conor's height.

I think anyone at LW that stands with Conor for long enough is gonna take a big left hand, I think unless MJ uses his wrestling, he gets hit with it and doesn't take it like Nate. I think guys like Cerrone, Pettis, MJ or Barboza would be easier fights for Conor than is Nate. I also don't think Nate is as easy to hit as everyone seems to think, especially not for guys that are like Conor's height.
Well, hopefully we'll get to see some of these matchups one day man. One thing is for sure, I'd far rather see him fight any of the guys you mentioned than rematch Aldo.

That doesn't mean Conor will win. I'm picking Nate again.

Nate has his strengths. His chin and his cardio do complicate things for Conor. But make no mistake, he is one of the most favorable matchup in the top 10. When I say he's a gift matchup, its not because he's an easy fight. Its because you'd be hard pressed to try and convince another guy in the top 10 to not out grapple Conor, not employ an elusive strategy, or a kick heavy strategy, but instead, just stand in front of him and throw bombs. That is as good a matchup as Conor can ask for at LW.

But here are the facts for all the fan girls who keep acting like he's the worst matchup in the division.

• Nate is not fast or athletic
  • Nate has no threat of kicks
  • Nate has always had questionable defense. In other words, he doesn't get hit too much, but he is very bomb prone. When he does get hit, they are huge shots but he relies on his chin to keep him in the fight. (Remember that "no one can take the left hand", so it wasn't supposed to matter).
  • He has a steep ground advantage, but unlike most fighters at LW, he makes no effort to employ it. The only reason Conor got submitted is because he took the fight to the ground, not Nate.
  • Nate Takedown threat is non existent. Everyone knows the Diaz's brothers' weakness is wrestling.
  • Nate has been known to have very limited punching power. He can overwhelm you, but he is not a one-punch hurt you kinda guy, except against Conor apparently

Just think about it. Why on earth did the UFC give Conor the Diaz fight on short notice when Cerrone was also available, and willing to make the right weight?

Guys in the division like Cerrone, Ferguson, RDA, Khabib, Alvarez, etc. Would grapplefuck the living shit out of Conor, especially the Conor that showed up to fight Nate. They would rape him on the ground.

Just look at this takedown defense
BlankWarmCaecilian.gif

This could be the only fucking single leg Diaz hits his entire career.

You are super on-point sir.

Alas, most of Sherdog happen to be ignorant to the obvious.

I've made similar threads...only to be met with uneducated nonsense in a manner akin to this thread.

That said, I'm also picking Nate to win, but his style is VERY GOOD FOR CONOR to potentially exploit.

In closing, you'd best believe that the vast vast majority of people who whine about the OP would NOT put their money where their mouth is...and that is in SPITE of the fact that Nate is the betting underdog...................................

Back