Nate Diaz vs Marcus Davis(Nates best fight)

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of new fans will discredit Davis.. But Nates first fight at WW was against Davis.. One of the most legit boxers to honestly peruse an MMA career.

Nate, undersized.. Moving up a weight class.. With a huge advantage on the ground, delivers an extremely impressive performance

Imo, Davis here likely wrecks Conor

Notice how much faster and aggressive Diaz is here, compared to the first round of the Conor fight. He's only gotten better too

For the record.. Davis was fresh off a close decision win over Lytle, and a split loss to Hardy (which I think he won)

Last edited:
I kindly disagree. Nate's best showing was against MJ.

He looked great in both of the fights mentioned, but for me, it was the Gomi fight. I know Gomi was passed his prime, but Nate didn't just beat him, he dropped his hands in front of him and made it look like a child vs. a grown man. I think that was the first fight I watched where I thought Nate's boxing was catching up to Nick's.

Lol fuck Nate beat his ass like he owed him money.

He also had a great fight against Maynard, and Cerrone, not so good against Rory, Conor fight will be good again

Nate is just like Nick ,size isn't a factor against them,it's the style,look how lost he was against RDA and Bendo.

Nate is a Lightweight tho maybe even a Fw in modern mma (Holloway is basically his size) his losses at WW against Rory and the Dong were very understandable especially considering how he lost

remember when they were trying to sell marcus davis to the irish audience? lmao

I'm sure a lot of new fans will discredit Davis.. But Nates first fight at WW was against Davis.. One of the most legit boxers to honestly peruse an MMA career.

Nate, undersized.. Moving up a weight class.. With a huge advantage on the ground, delivers an extremely impressive performance

Imo, Davis here likely wrecks Conor

Notice how much faster and aggressive Diaz is here, compared to the first round of the Conor fight. He's only gotten better too

For the record.. Davis was fresh off a close decision win over Lytle, and a split loss to Hardy (which I think he won)

Sorry to be such a stain, but thats not what peruse means

remember when they were trying to sell marcus davis to the irish audience? lmao

Lol forgot about this in the blur of hyping every fighter to every country outside Brazil/US

He also had a great fight against Maynard, and Cerrone, not so good against Rory, Conor fight will be good again
Not so good lol? Look I'm not trying to talk shit about Nate but he got RAGDOLLED in that fight.

He looked great in both of the fights mentioned, but for me, it was the Gomi fight. I know Gomi was passed his prime, but Nate didn't just beat him, he dropped his hands in front of him and made it look like a child vs. a grown man. I think that was the first fight I watched where I thought Nate's boxing was catching up to Nick's.
That's the one show I watched in person. It was amazing

The cerrone or Johnson fights were his best.
Davis boxing was overrated, I always remember goldie going on about golden gloves something or other, but never saw any real display of it.
And he got beat up by hardy, dropped and rocked with elbows, was surprised by the split decision as I had a clear win for hardy.

Also Davis gets hit far too easily, Conor likely KOs him within a round

Marcus Davis was a very good fighter at one point. People are all post hoc'ing him and acting like he was terrible, but he was an extremely legit fighter 7-years ago (you know, before 20-years of fighting, a series of brutal wars, a handful of nasty injuries, and entering into his late-30's started the downward spiral a lot of people associate with him now.) He was at one point on a 6-fight winning streak in the UFC and a solid 8-1 (with 6 finishes) in his last 9 fights at another point. And he had some pretty solid victories; Chris Lytle, Paul Taylor, Paul Kelly, Pete Spratt, Shonie Carter. A lot of those guys were at pretty good points in their careers, too; Pete Spratt was coming off a solid victory over Jeremy Jackson after Jackson'd made his comeback and still had a lot of hype as "the only man to KO Nick Diaz", and Carter got a solid victory over the 21-0 Jason Black. Even his other victories at the time like Jess Liaudin and Forrest Petz were at very good points in their careers; Liaudin was 2-0 in the UFC including a submission over Dennis Siver, and Petz was on a four-fight winning streak that included a victory over Dan Hardy.
And he was competitive in his losses. He gave Dan Hardy and Mike Swick tough fights (and this was when they were in their primes, too), and Ben Saunders' Muay Thai skills didn't become known as the ridic' skills that they are until after he KO'd Davis; that was how big a statement that was (Davis was very tough.) It was like how people insult Joe Stevenson, but people don't realize that Stevenson was a very good grappler-- so good that the legend of "BJ Penn's back-control" didn't become a legend until he got Stevenson's back and made him completely helpless.
Davis was also very scrappy and entertaining and surprisingly well-rounded, and if people watched the video, he knocked down Nate Diaz in, like, the first minute of their fight. He was a good victory for Nate.

Time was catching up with Davis by the time that fight happened. I think he was like 37 when it went down. Either way, I can't see arguing that that performance was better than his fight against recent title contender Donal Cerrone

Back