Nate Diaz vs Eddie Alvarez not happening?

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
20131130110014_5D3_1751.JPG

Assuming Nate wins of-course.

Per ufc.com

“I know Nate Diaz is fighting Conor McGregor and I would like to try and get the winner of that fight,” Alvarez said on CSN Philly’s Breakfast on Broad morning show on Wednesday. “Hopefully somebody comes out on top there and they sign on the dotted line.”

But McGregor is going to be busy with interim featherweight champion Jose Aldo, and Diaz is ranked No. 4 in the lightweight division, potentially one more win within his division away from the title shot.

So the mouthpiece of the ufc is hinting that Nate might not get that title shot off of beating Conor because he is ranked No.4 which is a stupid argument for them to make given that Hendo is getting a title shot when he's ranked 13th.

http://www.ufc.com/news/Dana-White-McGregor-back-to-145-next-Woodley-will-face-Wonderboy?id=

Thoughts?

Eddie's gonna fight whomever the UFC tells Eddie he is fighting.

If it would sell PPVs (which it would), then uncle dana & the brass would make it happen.

If there is money around that fight , it will happen.

Hell no that shouldn't happen! I'm sick of contenders getting screwed over like this.

Barbosa, Ferguson and Khabib are all ahead of Diaz for that title shot. Hell, even RDA should be ahead of him.

Eddie's gonna fight whomever the UFC tells Eddie he is fighting.
Ya hes really not in a spot to demand , but the Diaz fight is realistic if Khabib is injured again , but Khabib beats both with Eddie doing better just because hes great in up & down chaotic fights , Khabib lays on Diaz for 5 rounds with ease .

I hope so man. I really think Nate can beat Alvarez. It would be a great fight too.

Agreed. Would be a fun fight, and Nate could well beat Eddie. Would be crazy to see him finally get that gold after so many years in the sport, and being nearly written off prior to just a couple of fights ago.

Hell no that shouldn't happen! I'm sick of contenders getting screwed over like this.

Barbosa, Ferguson and Khabib are all ahead of Diaz for that title shot. Hell, even RDA should be ahead of him.

Give me the money fight. Fuck that ''contender'' shit

It's time for Dana to grow some balls and put these fighter's managers in their place. Fighters don't get to choose their opponents. That goes for Conor too.

Conor will fight Alvarez whether he wins or loses at 202.
No he won't. He will be coming off two loses to Diaz and almost a year since he won't the FW title. He will have to defend at least once before going back up or he will be stripped of the title indefinitely.

Don't kid yourself. There's more cash to be made on an Aldo rematch anyways. Casuals love rematches and the UFC knows it too. Hence all these horseshit rematches being made in the first place.

Last edited:
I don't think the winner of Conor-Nate should get a title shot at 155 when there are two guys who deserve it WAY more plus a dominant champ who probably would've got a rematch if it was a year ago.

I don't think the winner of Conor-Nate should get a title shot at 155 when there are two guys who deserve it WAY more plus a dominant champ who probably would've got a rematch if it was a year ago.

You saying rda was a dominant champ? He defended the title just once that i can remember and then got blasted in one round. So as champ he went 1-1 and logged about 4 minutes of fight time as champ. Now his run to the title was dominant but he was not a dominant champ

Back