• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nate Diaz is underrated

More recent version? Dude hasn't fought in 3 years and hasn't had more than two wins in a row since 2010. I get he's an exciting fighter, but he is not this killer people are making him out to be.
Lol

Literally nobody gives him any respect which given his skill set is absurd

Nobody is making him out to be a killer from what I've seen. Quite thE opposite really
I would agree with that... While I believe he has squandered the twilight of his prime bickering with the ufc and not taking certain fights...

I think he still has some high level fights to offer... And to your point.... Going from losing to fighters like Guida and Stevenson, while very good, experienced fighters, high level top shelf fighters should beat them.... To bringing his game to a level that allowed him to beat Cerrone, Jim Miller, Conor, MJ, Maynard (the beginning of the end for Grey)... Is in my eyes signs of improvement...

I think his style and frame can lead to some style clash matchups... He is still an extremely talented and dangerous fighter...
well I don't think it personally happened until Conor

Sometimes it's those big fights and moments with the most at stake, the most money at play that allows an athlete or fighter to truly reach into their souls and bring out their best self.

I think that's what we seen of Nate, he had wanted a big fight for years and ended up against the highest profile fighter in the entire sport for all the marbles.

Prior to that we seen glimmers of potential from Nate, he was always kind of at the cusp of the top but lost to the truly elite. That was the moment he finally broke through and stepped out of the shadow of his brother.

When an athlete has such a pivotal career moment such as that, any prior version of them proves to paint an inaccurate picture. An idea that is lost on many when discussing Nate's skill set and how he matches up stylistically with these divisions.

But yeah, unfortunately he wasted years of his prime in the wake. Definitely still has some good fights in him and picked a good time to come back.

How long ago did those fights happen ago

Do people ever think that maybe a recent version of a fighter might paint a more accurate picture than fights from 6-8 years ago in the case of Bendo, Rory and dhk?

if we did that to any other fighter it would be absurd, Nate's really the only fighter I've seen who is acceptable to judge on fights from that long ago.

Nate can definitely be beaten but he has evolved all around and I don't think he's an easy fight for anyone at this point. Particularly in this post usada era/ while he's far more filled out

Nate's fighting style hasn't changed at all in forever, not sure what "evolution" you're talking about. He still can't wrestle, throws no kicks or knees, doesn't check leg kicks. He's a good boxer with really good BJJ, same as he was when he fought Cerrone.
If you stand in front of him strike with him, he's good. Otherwise, he prob loses.
I love nate but he's definitely not under-rated. Also, that RDA fight was 1 fight back of the Conor fight, right before Michael Johnson, and RDA did to him exactly what Bendo did. He hasn't fought in 3 years, how recent are we supposed to be here?

Beat Cerrone, MJ, and Conor, his chin, pressure, and hands are elite, and only the absolute best boxer in the UFC, like Conor can beat him hand to hand.

When he pressures Pettis and makes him break, while boxing him up and eating his shots, remember to put respect on his name.
GettyImages-592621088.jpg
I dont know how you call this guy " underrated". I dont know what happens from here as he hasnt fought in awhile but has filled out his frame.
As far as history, that was some weak sauce you posted cause hes been mollywhopped by every single " top tier" lightweight hes faced( outside conor) at the time he faced them. He beat a then " decent " cerrone (Nates a good fighter - dont get me wrong so of course hes going to have a name or 2 in win column that has some relevance). MJ - please ,this dudes UFC s days are numbered as hes descended a weight class and has a staggering .333 win percentage over his last 20 fights or so (something like that).

I hope we see a weight packed on 170er in Diaz and hope hes been putting in work.Things can change..... he definitely has the talent.

Back