Nate Diaz is right...don't bring up 170lbs unless you want to bring up 10 days

Being at your peak is pretty crucial and we know Nate is not there. For those who say stay ready...you should know it's unhealthy to be at your peak year round...in fact it's not possible. I actually think Aldo and RDA were overtraining and hit their peak too early for too long and broke down.
Peak meaning best shape of your life is bad for your health? If it's unhealthy, why are they fighting in an unhealthy shape instead of fighting at a healthy shape? Doesn't make sense.

They got injured cuz they were sparring waay too hard. Broke your own foot on a kick? Broke your ribs from a kick? These guys are kicking waaay too hard waay too close to fight night.

I don't understand how staying in shape is unhealthy.

I guess you're one of those Roy Nelson type fighters arentya

Why is Sholler in fight stance here.? lol

20160224052944_McGregor_Diaz24.JPG

lol wtf is Conor wearing here?

Are those jeans, sweat pants, or tna yoga pants?

Conor is doing him a favour. He doesn't need this fight. He has ppl lined up for it. Nates been calling Conor out for awhile. And if you're not ready, don't take the fight. Ppl step in on short camp all the time and win because they stay ready. Conor could've easily insisted on a catch weight but said fuk it.

Peak meaning best shape of your life is bad for your health? If it's unhealthy, why are they fighting in an unhealthy shape instead of fighting at a healthy shape? Doesn't make sense.

They got injured cuz they were sparring waay too hard. Broke your own foot on a kick? Broke your ribs from a kick? These guys are kicking waaay too hard waay too close to fight night.

It's common knowledge that you can't stay in top shape perpetually. Any high level runner , swimmer , boxer etc has a specific defined training period ahead of competition that builds conditioning to a crescendo , and is timed to coincide with said competition.

Your ignorant statement leaves no doubt that you have zero experience with athletics outside of tee-ball ......tell me I'm wrong.

Good post but as usual, Sherbro's beginning talking about what pants McGregor is wearing. Y'all kill me.

Let me try again...

I can't recall which interview GSP did but he mentioned something along the lines of what I wrote. Again, my apologies if my articulation was poor. What I am trying to say is you can be in peak form only for a certain amount of time before your body starts to break down. The way I look at being in Peak is like being 110% instead of 100% or pushing the car engine into the red for too long. You can definitely get to that point but you cannot sustain that level of intensity and work rate. I've talked to people that race horse here in America and they shared similar thoughts. I've read about how dog fighters do the same thing for their dogs out in the Balkans and Asia. Even Chickens in Thailand and the Philippines! LOL

Another MMA reference: Will Brooks tweeted recently that there is a difference between in shape and fight shape. Hopefully some of you understand that or consider Will Brooks credible enough to speak on the issue.

It's common knowledge that you can't stay in top shape perpetually. Any high level runner , swimmer , boxer etc has a specific defined training period ahead of competition that builds conditioning to a crescendo , and is timed to coincide with said competition.

Your ignorant statement leaves no doubt that you have zero experience with athletics outside of tee-ball ......tell me I'm wrong.
I didn't want to be that harsh on the guy but well said.

I didn't want to be that harsh on the guy but well said.

If someone feels the need to speak with authority on something that they are obviously ignorant on , I don't think a little harshness is undue.

Well the 170lb point is irrelevant anyway. Even if Nate cut to 155lb he would weigh the same on fight night. So 155lb Nate, 170lb Nate… It's the same Nate with only 10 days notice.

This is very smart from McGregor because he can now sell to the casuals the notion that he beats 170lb fighters. It's very very good marketing.

Your missing a couple key points.

RDA blasted Nate. That means if Conor does anything less, people are gonna be quick to jump on the MMAth that RDA > Conor if he can't just smash Nate too. That isn't easy because the Diaz bro's are good at making people look very human, even in their losses.

And there is the point of nobody really considering Nate a 170lb fighter. Most people seem to be considering this a 155lb fight that doesn't have weight cutting. And rightfully so, neither of these guys will be coming in looking like true welterweights, regardless of their fighttime weights. You even said in your own post a 155lb Nate is the same as a 170lb Nate. I don't know why you think he's going to get great respect for beating a 170lb fighter if he beats Diaz.

If this doesn't end in the first round I don't see this being beneficial to Conor. Diaz has a real risk of taking away Conor's aura, not by beating Conor, but just by making him appear more 'human'. Same as the Anderson fight.

Your missing a couple key points.

RDA blasted Nate. That means if Conor does anything less, people are gonna be quick to jump on the MMAth that RDA > Conor if he can't just smash Nate too. That isn't easy because the Diaz bro's are good at making people look very human, even in their losses.

And there is the point of nobody really considering Nate a 170lb fighter. Most people seem to be considering this a 155lb fight that doesn't have weight cutting. And rightfully so, neither of these guys will be coming in looking like true welterweights, regardless of their fighttime weights. You even said in your own post a 155lb Nate is the same as a 170lb Nate. I don't know why you think he's going to get great respect for beating a 170lb fighter if he beats Diaz.

If this doesn't end in the first round I don't see this being beneficial to Conor. Diaz has a real risk of taking away Conor's aura, not by beating Conor, but just by making him appear more 'human'. Same as the Anderson fight.
The easiest response to your quote is: Casuals.

Exactly my point...yes..conor earned respect by stepping up to 170...but nate took the fight in 10 days notice too....that should be acknowledged as well. ...noone is doing anyone a favor here

Well the 170lb point is irrelevant anyway. Even if Nate cut to 155lb he would weigh the same on fight night. So 155lb Nate, 170lb Nate… It's the same Nate with only 10 days notice.

This is very smart from McGregor because he can now sell to the casuals the notion that he beats 170lb fighters. It's very very good marketing.
WOLF tickets!!!

For some of us that could see beyond the Conor "show" or act...I noticed two key points that Nate made which are very interesting:

- 170 lb weight limit
The UFC, Conor, and shills like Ariel are trying to spin it like Conor is doing Nate a favor by letting him get "comfortable" but the reality is Nate was down for 155. They should have contacted him to set that up properly if they don't want excuses. Like Nate said, don't bring that shit up like I got the advantage when you don't want to acknowledge that you've had 10 weeks to prepare. He even asked Connie how much sparring he got in...and Conor recognized he couldn't argue with that. Being at your peak is pretty crucial and we know Nate is not there. For those who say stay ready...you should know it's unhealthy to be at your peak year round...in fact it's not possible. I actually think Aldo and RDA were overtraining and hit their peak too early for too long and broke down. Conor also looked huge so let's see what that does for his strength and power as well as his speed and quickness. I think Conor is now about the same size and Benson Henderson.

- Setup
Nate made a decent point by asking Conor if he knew this was happening since he posted his video talking shit a few weeks back. Like Nate said, the UFC has been calling for a while but never offered anything fair.

Could the RDA injury have happened weeks ago with only those close to Dana, Conor and RDA in the know... maybe, but probably not.

Funny how things just work out well for Conor, luck of the Irish I guess. Sets up an RDA fight at UFC 200 quite nicely.

The obvious reason is that Conor cuts less too. He doesn't want to have any cardio issues whatsoever against a guy like Nate. He can sell it however he wants, but he did himself a favor as much as he did Nate one.

What I am trying to say is you can be in peak form only for a certain amount of time before your body starts to break down. The way I look at being in Peak is like being 110% instead of 100% or pushing the car engine into the red for too long. You can definitely get to that point but you cannot sustain that level of intensity and work rate. I've talked to people that race horse here in America and they shared similar thoughts. I've read about how dog fighters do the same thing for their dogs out in the Balkans and Asia. Even Chickens in Thailand and the Philippines! LOL
Thai fighters fought every month. Some fight every few weeks. JoJed said she used to fight every 3 weeks.These guys been training since they were kids, twice a day, everyday in the scorching heat of Thailand.

Old school boxers used to fight every month to a few weeks also and that's when they didn't have round limits nor boxing gloves. So it's normal to have fights go up to 20-30 rounds or more. Every month.

Either these guys all fight on short notices with minimal training or they all stay in fight shape.

You have these UFC crybabies talking bout 3 fights a year like it's some kind of accomplishment when Thai fighters fight 10+ times a year.

Back