Nate Diaz in fight camp!

Don't you know that rankings and belts don't matter in this McGregor era?
Plus that'd be a really cool fight.

Cool fight? Woodley will simply wrestle fuck him for 5 rounds.

It'd be boring as shit.

It's f*king frustrating to see a sport I love just getting blown apart for a guy whose more personalty than real fighter, I'm hoping that Bellator can really get their sh!t together or merge with another promotion to build their roaster I would love to wave the middle finger to the UFC & Conor and move on, but I'm in until Conor runs this ship into the ground.

Sometimes being a fight fan & prone to violence has it's drawbacks...
He wont run it the ground just a realization, an epiphany, the ferittas wernt just dumb mobsters after all - they had business sense.. At the end of the day brand is more powerful than starlet. I went straight form Pride to UFC when the merge happened. Havnt really done any cross promotion fishing. What for. I mean lets be honest like USFL didnt survive because there can be only one for fans and UFC is synonymous with NFL at this point. UFC is the man. A nice long break is probably called for and dont give them a fuckin cent for circus vargas. And it's not just Conor. Bisping, rankings which are probably done by russian bots instead of sherdogs excellent ones, and , other idiocy will drag them down before waking up.

Crap. I'm serious, though. If what I mentioned happens, that's all she wrote from me. No more writing, no more watching, no more modding. I'm done.
Not even a song question about an UFC fighter? :(

He wont run it the ground just a realization, an epiphany, the ferittas wernt just dumb mobsters after all - they had business sense.. At the end of the day brand is more powerful than starlet. I went straight form Pride to UFC when the merge happened. Havnt really done any cross promotion fishing. What for. I mean lets be honest like USFL didnt survive because there can be only one for fans and UFC is synonymous with NFL at this point. UFC is the man. A nice long break is probably called for and dont give them a fuckin cent for circus vargas. And it's not just Conor. Bisping, rankings which are probably done by russian bots instead of sherdogs excellent ones, and , other idiocy will drag them down before waking up.

I hear you @12ga. the reason I feel truly connected to mma is because I was there at it's birth. I learned boxing from watching with my dad and followed and did on my own, karate, high school wrestling/football/bully, mma I got to see at it's growth I actually found Ultimate Fighting first then went back and found Pride. At the time politicians were fighting against Ultimate Fighting and a scheduled show could be shut down at anytime by court injunction.

It's disheartening to see the sport and the promotion raise to such prestige only to fall back to becoming a joke, at one time they wanted to rival boxing as a true real life combat sport, now they trying to compete with entertainment wrestling? If that's the case just call it mmae (mixed martial arts entertainment) tell USADA to f*k off and put on entertainment fighting shows but you can't have it both ways entertainment fighting on Saturdays, serious legit fighting on Fridays. Casuals are just that casuals here 2day gone 2morrow, it's because of the hardcore fight fanz why you still kicking and in business.

Strip Conor of the belt. (What probably needs to happen)

Nate vs Tony for the belt or it will still be interim. (i think Nate getting a TS is bs)

All hoping they can setup the trilogy.

Tony will ruin their plans.
The only way i can see Nate out of that couch is if:
They give him Connie
Or
They give him a tittle match.

And both options are interesting to the UFC.
Even at 170 against Woody.
So if in the event that Nate wins they can make a “superfight” against you know who.

Last edited:
Nate Diaz
Fought twice in 2016, lost one, won one. Both fights were at Welterweight
No fights in 2017
Ranked?
6th at Lightwight

Dustin Poirier
Fought three times in 2016. Lost 1, won two. All fights at Lightweight
Fought three times in 2017. Won two, 1 no contest (not his fault). All fights were at Lightweight.
Ranked?
7th at Lightweight

Why?
Well, because fuck logic, that's why!

One of them has a dominant win over the current champ and the other got finished in the first round by the current champ?

It's f*king frustrating to see a sport I love just getting blown apart for a guy whose more personalty than real fighter, I'm hoping that Bellator can really get their sh!t together or merge with another promotion to build their roaster I would love to wave the middle finger to the UFC & Conor and move on, but I'm in until Conor runs this ship into the ground.

Sometimes being a fight fan & prone to violence has it's drawbacks...
Tell me about it, its beyond frustrating at this point. I always loved MMA since the first time I saw it UFC 5.. Dan Severn cleaning house and winning the tournament, and the epicness that was Jon Hess vs Andy Anderson haha, but shittttttttttt last few years its starting to become a chore to watch and keep up at times. I still love MMA, but I haven't been liking the way its been going for some time now.

You know how much I dislike Conor, he is beyond unlikable for me, BUT even I can say its not 100% his fault, its UFC fault too, they are to blame also because they have given him so much power and made him out to be this unbeatable God, they shoved him down our throats so much and they made him into something out of control. Conor is all about Conor though, he just wants to take take take take and give very little back. Sad times ahead, the best division is UFC is getting stale as old Goats milk now.

This is exciting

jWr67J8.png

WTH the whole top of division is stacked with wrestlers.

Like who? I did forget Gathje, but who else is there apart from him or Khabib that are top 10 and with strong wrestling?

The Nate Diaz that showed up against Johnson is a problem for just about anybody.

Respectfully, I disagree. Neither Diaz brother is a proven draw or big seller. They've had some good events (Diaz/Conor/Conor, Diaz/GSP/Silva), but the majority of that credit goes to their opponent. A Diaz/Ferguson fight is a die-hard fans dream, and would be fireworks for as long as it lasted, but I don't think that necessarily translates into big PPV numbers.

That being said, a PPV against Diaz would never bring Ferguson the sales, exposure, or money that the Conor fight does. I think Diaz has enough skills to make it dirty and bring a battle of attrition to Tony and not worth the risk. I would have Ferguson as the favourite to win, but not by a wide enough margin to think it's worth risking the future title shot against Conor if he's patient.

But both of them would most definitely have some choice words for Conor.

I think they both are proven draws & big sellers as long as they headline UFC PPV's with atleast some form of proper promotion ahead of the fight.

Of course there are diffrent levels in the game of a " proven ppv draw".

Conor, Rhonda & Brock are superstars, you could match em against anyone and it is a massive probability of it breaking 1 million ppv's and so on.

Neither Diaz bro is at that level, same can be said about about fighters like Jon Jones who has several not so good ppv-records, but after the 2 Conor fights the Diaz brand has increased tremendously, they've had big media exposure outside of the realm of UFC during the 2 last years. Always appearing at hot spots in Vegas/LA and so on signing stuff for fans.

Even if a Diaz bro against some other less popular and famous fighter (like Woodley/Ferg) will not break 1 million PPV it will still do 100% better than some of the other relevant fighters in those divisions.

Kevin Lee can promote like hell, someday he can be very famous, he is still very young but he vs Ferg did just horrible numbers, neither one of them has a large amount of loyal fans behind them, same thing for Woodley, as a co-main against Maia he probably contributed zero to the PPV, and hurt his own brand and the UFC brand by participating in a horrible fight.

Woodley vs Nate could do about 650k without problems, while Woodley vs another elite WW (not GSP) maybe does 250-300k, thats more than a 100% increase with a Diaz bro as the opponent.

Do you see the difference in numbers?

So despite not being some guarantee draw (Conor, Rhonda, Brock) the Diaz bros still "move the needle", I promise you that.

And best case scenario Nate becomes the champ and they could sell even more PPV's by matching 2 champs against each others.
Who knows maybe the UFC finance stuff for Nate in this fight in order to increase his chances, Conor got a complete UFC gym financed by the UFC ahead of one his fights, why can't the UFC finance a really proper camp for Nate(bring in world class wrestling coaches and sparring partners in order for Nate to stop a couple of take downs?) if they can gain much if Nate becomes the winner, why NOT?

I mean Woodley as the WW champ has become a massive burden for the UFC, he is boring as hell, they want to get rid of him fast as possible from the WW throne!

The contrast between Woodley and the 3 earlier ww champs can't be larger, no matter how you view it, there is nothing positive for the ufc with Woodley as the champ.

If Nate wins they'll do, Conor vs Nate Diaz 3 for the WW belt of course, since Conor still be the A-side, and has his LW belt left in case of a loss. And then GSp faces the winner of that fight for the WW-belt.

In other words atleast 2 ppv events that easily breaks 1,6 million PPV's.

Last edited:
Let's go Nate! Stockton's Boss back in action!

Tell me about it, its beyond frustrating at this point. I always loved MMA since the first time I saw it UFC 5.. Dan Severn cleaning house and winning the tournament, and the epicness that was Jon Hess vs Andy Anderson haha, but shittttttttttt last few years its starting to become a chore to watch and keep up at times. I still love MMA, but I haven't been liking the way its been going for some time now.

You know how much I dislike Conor, he is beyond unlikable for me, BUT even I can say its not 100% his fault, its UFC fault too, they are to blame also because they have given him so much power and made him out to be this unbeatable God, they shoved him down our throats so much and they made him into something out of control. Conor is all about Conor though, he just wants to take take take take and give very little back. Sad times ahead, the best division is UFC is getting stale as old Goats milk now.

Fully Agreed on all counts the UFC catered to the casuals instead of trying to teach casuals how to be fight fanz they bent their solid formula to cater to one man and his fanz. I'm not such a mma purist or elitist where I'm opposed to superfights or wild match-ups but those things should never interfere with contending & defending of ranks & titles.

The UFC carefully paved a path for Conor's success and he did his job of getting by the men should to his titles. Enough of the hand holding and protecting now put up and shut up now, defend your belt against the rightful contender. I don't give a sh!t if the guy is a draw or not he's next Champs job is to fight him, it's not f*king entertainment fighting with 4ever champs of who is popular at the time. If Conor is a real Champ he'll keep his belt if not he'll just lose his belt that sh!t just happens, but all this twisting & bending to keep him the face of the UFC is f*king nauseating.

I hear you @12ga. the reason I feel truly connected to mma is because I was there at it's birth. I learned boxing from watching with my dad and followed and did on my own, karate, high school wrestling/football/bully, mma I got to see at it's growth I actually found Ultimate Fighting first then went back and found Pride. At the time politicians were fighting against Ultimate Fighting and a scheduled show could be shut down at anytime by court injunction.

It's disheartening to see the sport and the promotion raise to such prestige only to fall back to becoming a joke, at one time they wanted to rival boxing as a true real life combat sport, now they trying to compete with entertainment wrestling? If that's the case just call it mmae (mixed martial arts entertainment) tell USADA to f*k off and put on entertainment fighting shows but you can't have it both ways entertainment fighting on Saturdays, serious legit fighting on Fridays. Casuals are just that casuals here 2day gone 2morrow, it's because of the hardcore fight fanz why you still kicking and in business.
Yeah it's frustrating they are trying to walk both sides of the track right now. I'm sure to both fan bases. One has to prevail i'd think. Sound like me but martial arts limited to wrestling:(. I actually went to same school and program as Liddell a few years later though...played linebacker running back as well. Anyways after like 10 years gone I heard through friends he was fighting and tuned in pride something something. hooked. Getting unhooked. Maybe it's just age I dunno but I have little tolerance for the circus stuff.

It's 100% on UFC. It's enabling. Conor (and others) is just doing what they want. It's like blaming your dog for begging at the table if you feed him at the table. Can't hate on him really.

Back