• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nate Diaz in a nutshell

If GSP wasn’t around he would’ve been champ
No he woudln't. That's 100% a baseless claim.

I have far more evidence to back up he wouldn't be the champ unless numerous guys weren't in the UFC.

Lost to undersized Diego Sanchez in his prime. Lost to eventual LW champion Sean Sherk. Lost to Karo. Lost to Riggs. Lost to Condit. He started winning when he started fighting shittier fighters outside the UFC. There is no point in the history of MMA where Nick Diaz was the best fighter at any weightclass. That's just a fact.

No he woudln't. That's 100% a baseless claim.

I have far more evidence to back up he wouldn't be the champ unless numerous guys weren't in the UFC.

Lost to undersized Diego Sanchez in his prime. Lost to eventual LW champion Sean Sherk. Lost to Karo. Lost to Riggs. Lost to Condit. He started winning when he started fighting shittier fighters outside the UFC. There is no point in the history of MMA where Nick Diaz was the best fighter at any weightclass. That's just a fact.
You’re talking about pre prime Nick. Plus he did beat Condit.

Strikeforce competed with the ufc with talent , most strikeforce fighters went on to become ufc champs. It was literally the best 2nd promotion at the time and far better than bellator.

Never ufc champ. Both have fought for the title tho.

Never UFC champs, for sure, but a champion nonetheless. And I would argue that Nick was always more of an actual fighter than Nate, who quits midway through tough fights and starts flipping off people. Nate is not a fighter.

You’re talking about pre prime Nick. Plus he did beat Condit.

Strikeforce competed with the ufc with talent , most strikeforce fighters went on to become ufc champs. It was literally the best 2nd promotion at the time and far better than bellator.
Which Strikeforce fighters did Nick beat that became UFC champion? I'll wait.

Literally the 2nd best means nothing when it's extremely distant 2nd.

Back