Nate Diaz - Amazing Shape Last Fight

Vikassi

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
In Nate's last fight, he looked to be in the best shape of his life. Not only physically, but mentally as well. He was all business the last time around. He was sharp, crisp, and looking to put a hurting on that dude. And he did.

If this Nate shows up to fight against Connor, were all in for a barn burner. And whats better, we don't have to worry about Connor getting humped for 5 rounds.

That Nate had time to prepare and train

He looked good against not so talented striker who relies only his power.

It intrigues me.... Nates heart and reach against Conor's belief and timing makes for a great match up. Nate won't give up and how will the fight develope with Conor's pressing style because Nate will be se quick rangy shots and this has the potential to be a war....well done UFC for making this decision. RDA certainly over training and got injured due to his fear of Conor...

He looked good against not so talented striker who relies only his power.

So when you lose, you're not a talented striker anymore? coz I believe MJ is a good one. Power? Michael Johnson is not known for his power. He's known for his speed and movement.

I agree this could have been a great fight if Nate was in that kind of shape. I'm afraid it's much more likely he's just been rolling in the gym and that's why the catch-weight is so high. He's in good shape compared to the average sherdog poster but hardly fight shape. I think that's likely why the UFC picked him. Much less risk of him pulling off an upset of the golden child than the already in fight shape, Cerrone.

Lol.

Johnson doesn't have hands?
Not that i disagree, but johnsons boxing isn't really that good he couldn't get past benails jab, and he looked supet ploddy or stuck in the mud if you will against diaz.
Johnsons faster than mcgregor so he gets away with his striking using his physical assets over technique.
Some of the right hands he was throwing during the diaz fight were very slappy and street fighter ish.
You dont see mcgregor doing that often.

Not that i disagree, but johnsons boxing isn't really that good he couldn't get past benails jab, and he looked supet ploddy or stuck in the mud if you will against diaz.
Johnsons faster than mcgregor so he gets away with his striking using his physical assets over technique.
Some of the right hands he was throwing during the diaz fight were very slappy and street fighter ish.
You dont see mcgregor doing that often.

McGregor is a better striker than Johnson no doubt but a guy with no talent who relies on power? That's absurd, he outboxed Ferguson and Barboza and trying to slight Nate's win over him which was very impressive, Nate looked great in that fight but I think size will be the determining factor here if Nate can clinch with Conor and zap his gas tank he can open up with combos to the body, this will be the first time Conor has been the smaller man.

Back