NASA suspends ties with Russian gov't officials over ongoing crisis in Crimea

GhostZ06

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
The choice here is between fully funding the plan to bring space launches back to America or continuing to send millions of dollars to the Russians. It’s that simple.'

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014...govt-officials-over-ongoing-crisis-in-crimea/

2ywac05.gif

sighs* We dont have a god damn space shuttle, hell we don't even fund nasa enough to do this. How much stupidity can come out of this country just blows my mind these idiots Washington really need to go.

We had a shuttle project, an a damn good one an guess what? It was canceled because they cut nasa's funds, and our replacement looks like a childs toy. .I strongly support OVER funding nasa instead of over funding defense projects.At least that program helps economically

I never understood why the US gov't ever wanted to join up and share info and technology with Russia. What possibly could the US gain from it?

What a travesty. Until now we had kept this space program entirely apolitical.
I never understood why the US gov't ever wanted to join up and share info and technology with Russia. What possibly could the US gain from it?
The same thing the Russians had to gain from it: knowledge, a more efficient apparatus benefiting from unshared strengths, progress of exploration, a spirit of community between mankind that transcended (or at least existed outside of) politics.

Lol over fucking Ukraine.

This whole conflict is so goddamn overrated. You'd think Russia was bombing the place.

And of course we're the ones to suspend ties, not the Russians. 100% on us. Shame on us.

This is the right course of action, in the long-term.

America needs an independent space program, and perhaps this will wake our society up and allow us to fund NASA.

And of course we're the ones to suspend ties, not the Russians. 100% on us. Shame on us.

I think it is just drama. Maybe they're trying to get funding. I mean they admit that they will still keep the launches going and all that.

Because a lot of Russian tech is better than the US's when it comes to space.

Even without that, they both have knowledge to share.

This nationalistic stuff when it comes to progressing our understanding of the cosmos is super fucking lame. This isolation of Russia by the west is getting really, really lame too.

Because a lot of Russian tech is better than the US's when it comes to space.

Even without that, they both have knowledge to share.

This nationalistic stuff when it comes to progressing our understanding of the cosmos is super fucking lame. This isolation of Russia by the west is getting really, really lame too.

Competition between Russia and the United States led to us landing on the Moon. Friendly competition is good.

Competition between Russia and the United States led to us landing on the Moon. Friendly competition is good.

Competition is good but this isn't competition. It is turning into a cold war. Sharing knowledge gets the job done quicker and better.

Competition is good but this isn't competition. It is turning into a cold war. Sharing knowledge gets the job done quicker and better.

I agree. I was just pointing out that sometimes either side can come up with something ingenious that they wouldn't have if they had worked together.

Damn no moon for you. :icon_lol: This is like parents fighting over a child.

Damn no moon for you. :icon_lol: This is like parents fighting over a child.

America is acting like a kid. If you want to punish Putin then go after him, don't create problems where there was none.

McDonald's has suspended work at its three Crimean restaurants following ongoing diplomatic tensions in the region.
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26882704

For sure Putin is going to be scared of such tactics.

frenchflag.jpg

Cooperation in space should steer clear of any political involvement, as it is to the benefit of all mankind. This is a bad example to set, and will impede progress.

Back