NASA brings Voyager 2 fully back online, 11.5 billion miles from Earth

Phr3121

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Story: https://www.inverse.com/science/nas...lly-back-online-11.5-billion-miles-from-earth

"In an incredible feat of remote engineering, NASA has fixed one of the most intrepid explorers in human history. Voyager 2, currently some 11.5 billion miles from Earth, is back online and resuming its mission to collect scientific data on the solar system and the interstellar space beyond."
077baa4e-a0de-487c-9b2b-e2df45a5d102-pia17462.jpg

Damn that's almost 4x farther away than Pluto. Incredible.

They just had to turn it off while it was traveling through the aliens territory so we couldn't see.

Isn't the distance between Eart and Pluto constantly changing therefore not a constant distance?
Yeah but I just googled it and its currently 3 billion miles away

I think it has potential to find new life forms, there has to be something else out there, there is over 100 planets in our galaxy alone.

Story: https://www.inverse.com/science/nas...lly-back-online-11.5-billion-miles-from-earth

"In an incredible feat of remote engineering, NASA has fixed one of the most intrepid explorers in human history. Voyager 2, currently some 11.5 billion miles from Earth, is back online and resuming its mission to collect scientific data on the solar system and the interstellar space beyond."
077baa4e-a0de-487c-9b2b-e2df45a5d102-pia17462.jpg
I have a question. Considering this thing is traveling very fast, what's it's apparent age in relation to us on earth? I know it's not traveling at the speed of light, but just curious.

Also, let's say we are capable of sending something at the speed light. Let's say we record it traveling for 2 years our time. When it comes back, would it only feel like it has been in flight for a few days?

Most of the time I see your av out of the corner of my eye I think it's Lilo, or Stitch...whichever one is the alien.

Oh, it's Stitch:
1200px-Stitch_%28Lilo_%26_Stitch%29.svg.png
That's my winnings from new years. Poker pro4lyfe

At the stroke of midnight too

I have a question. Considering this thing is traveling very fast, what's it's apparent age in relation to us on earth? I know it's not traveling at the speed of light, but just curious.

Also, let's say we are capable of sending something at the speed light. Let's say we record it traveling for 2 years our time. When it comes back, would it only feel like it has been in flight for a few days?

Not flying fast enough for any of this to be a relevant question.

Yes, to the second question.

Back