Naming the championship belts

ferrisjso

"Melodramatic" Historian
@Gold
Reaction score
In other sports the trophies have names. The Stanley Cup, the Lombardi Trophy, the O Brien Trophy. What if the UFC decided to make their belts truly unique they were going to name them? Who would they be named after if you could choose. Doesn't have to be the greatest or anything could be entirely random fighters who you think embody some symbolic BS or whatever. Just curious. Would post mine but I honestly am torn(which is why I'm asking other people).

The Sherdog Belt:

7hXbAFq.png

"Dana's big boss cup", as the fighter of fighters he represents everything that is honorable about this sport, he has brought much needed integrity to a once fledgling niche and always does right by the people who love MMA. It could also be called "Dana's Intercontinental Interim Belt", made in fool's gold, that could be more accurate.

8A871E8C-A2DC-45AB-99A8-7F53B4FAF43B.jpeg

McFraud belt and McStripStrip belt.

All the champ champs should get belt belts.

13x UFC Branded Hotdogs
4x Broken Legs
11x Shadface
1x Purple Pillow
Broccoli
Slogans

Sherdog.

<{Fergie}>

Shoulda put some Cheetos and mountain dew as well...

Last edited:
Mmmm... no but I challenge someone to make good names for all the FLW to HW and WFLW to WFW belts.

The Conor McRousey Championship Belt by Reebok.

Name of the fighter who won a belt in that weight class first (regardless of organisation).

since everybody is memeing i'll gave a real answer. They would probably name it after the gracie its the only valid option

In other sports the trophies have names. The Stanley Cup, the Lombardi Trophy, the O Brien Trophy. What if the UFC decided to make their belts truly unique they were going to name them? Who would they be named after if you could choose. Doesn't have to be the greatest or anything could be entirely random fighters who you think embody some symbolic BS or whatever. Just curious. Would post mine but I honestly am torn(which is why I'm asking other people).

Dana would name it after himself tbh.

Here's my random ass list.

HW Kimbo Slice
LHW Chuck Liddell
MW Evan Tanner
WW Matt Serra
LW Tony Ferguson
FW Cub Swanson
BW Urijah Faber
FLW TJ Dillashaw

The GoldStitch belt

Back