- Sherdog
- Facebook
- MMA/boxing
- beer
- puss*es
- Retro music 90's
- books lately, history in particular
- learning languages

Iphones are probably a greater addiction than alot of hard drugs these days.

Rofl. I realize you said you stated that flippantly, but it sounds so retarded from where a former (sometimes still chipping) hard drug user stands.

No. No they're absolutely not.

Seriously. The guy needs to get out more. On second thought, maybe he's hanging out with the 'right crowd' if he thinks that's what hard drug addiction resembles.

Just about anything can be an addiction imo.

Uh, no. Maybe that's because I have a deep understanding of physical withdrawal and the mind numbing depression that follows, but "bad habits" are not "addictions" although addictions are bad habits.

An opiate of the masses that drain you of any real thought or interaction, I was being flippant with that comment but they are an epidemic of wasted energy imo.

Waste of time/bad habit does not equal an addiction.

It's similar to these geeks that claim they're addicted to video games. No, no you aren't. You can put down the controller any time you want with no repercussions. Do that after you've been snorting for ex. dilaudids for 6 months and get back to me. I think you'll see the difference reeeeal quick. As in before you stop. ..When everything you own is in pawn, sold, traded, etc two months into your honeymoon.

The sickness is the easy part even then. It's the 6 months of HELL that follows, and that hell is called PAWS. (post acute withdrawal syndrome) By this time you've alienated anyone that would help you, friends, girlfriends, familiy, and all you can think about is how much you *fucked up.* You don't want to go back, but you know for the next 6 months you're going to want to kill yourself every single minute of every day.

I'd love to see just 5 cases where 'vidya game addiction' is anything close to what I described above.

Oh, my bad habits:
Pr0n.
Internet (hey, I like to learn things!)
Nicotine.
Caffeine.
Occasionally I'll get a great deal or just feel really bummed out and go back to my DoC, opioids. Only strong injectables need apply. This has been very infrequent lately, knock on wood.

Back