Name one way Oliveira beats Gaethje

hunt0

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oliveira being the favorite just shows how odds are based too much on hype. I knew Oliveira had a better chance against Dustin than the odds where showing, but because Dustin beat CONOR, all the casuals jump in "brooo there's no way Oliveira beat him wooooww that's a big upset."
I just saw an interview with a guy who went on Joe Rogan and he was telling that he bet on Dustin because there was just no way he would lose to a guy he doesn't even know after beating MCGREGOR.
<30>
Now Oliveira has beaten Dustin and stole the hype, yet based on that fight it's pretty clear that Oliveira isn't the favorite against Gaethje.
Yes, Oliveira has good ground game and Gaethje has shown a weak ground game, but how does Oliveira take him down? He couldn't even take down Dustin, had to rely on a omoplata and standing RNC.
He can't strike with Gaethje either, and judging from the fight with Dustin there are good odds that he might just get knocked out early since Gaethje hits harder and Oliveira is hittable.
"Broooo he doesn't need to take him down just standing RNC XDD"
If you think that's a reliable way to win why are people even working on their wrestling, more than anything Dustin was exhausted after that 2nd round.
I just know people are going to call me hater because that's what you braindead virgins do to anyone who shows critical thinking. I like Oliveira, I just don't see many paths to victory.

Submission. Gaethje looked completely lost once the fight went to the ground.
PowerlessWindingHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

WiltedRegularGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

Oliveira being the favorite just shows how odds are based too much on hype. I knew Oliveira had a better chance against Dustin than the odds where showing, but because Dustin beat CONOR, all the casuals jump in "brooo there's no way Oliveira beat him wooooww that's a big upset."
I just saw an interview with a guy who went on Joe Rogan and he was telling that he bet on Dustin because there was just no way he would lose to a guy he doesn't even know after beating MCGREGOR.
<30>
Now Oliveira has beaten Dustin and stole the hype, yet based on that fight it's pretty clear that Oliveira isn't the favorite against Gaethje.
Yes, Oliveira has good ground game and Gaethje has shown a weak ground game, but how does Oliveira take him down? He couldn't even take down Dustin, had to rely on a omoplata and standing RNC.
He can't strike with Gaethje either, and judging from the fight with Dustin there are good odds that he might just get knocked out early since Gaethje hits harder and Oliveira is hittable.
"Broooo he doesn't need to take him down just standing RNC XDD"
If you think that's a reliable way to win why are people even working on their wrestling, more than anything Dustin was exhausted after that 2nd round.
I just know people are going to call me hater because that's what you braindead virgins do to anyone who shows critical thinking. I like Oliveira, I just don't see many paths to victory.
Submission

One takedown is probably all Oliveira needs to finish Gaethje. His BJJ defense/awareness is kinda non-existent (from what we've been able to see) and he has big-time worrisome tendencies, that someone of Oliveira’s caliber could certainly seize upon effortlessly like a leopard on a fawn's throat.

Back