Name of this submission?

crochuck

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lately I have been messing around with this submission on guard. I have done it to 4 different people 3 white belts and 1 blue belt. So it seems to be decently effective. I get the cross collar grip. From there I need to have the opponents posture broken down. Then with the arm that has the grip I throw my elbow from my side to up in the air. With my other arm I grab my forearm. In this position the arm with the collar grip should be right under their neck and the other arm across the back of their neck. From there I slowly slide the arm on top towards the back of their head while putting downward pressure on their head.

I seem to have the best luck with it when I am able to do an arm drag and get them loaded to one side while still having the collar grip because their posture is usually broken down and I can easily get their head down from here. I can push their head back across which usually surprises people because you are giving up the arm drag position right after you get it, but you can catch them off guard.

It feels like a kind of collar grip guillotine or something especially when I slide my top arm across his head because you have to lean to the one side like you down when finishing a guillotine properly.

So does anyone know what this submission is called and maybe some ways to set it up or improve it?

Last edited:
Sounds a bit like an ezekiel, or sode guruma jime (sleeve wheel choke)

I always called it a loop choke. I use it more from half or open guard. You won't catch it from closed guard much unless the guy sucks and/or is smaller than you. But it's a valid move for sure.

bread and butter whitebelt slayer.

Loop choke. Not all loop chokes involve gripping your own sleeve, sometimes you just tuck your free arm under your choking arm, or even just push the head, but the mechanics of the choke are essentially the same

I always called it a loop choke. I use it more from half or open guard. You won't catch it from closed guard much unless the guy sucks and/or is smaller than you. But it's a valid move for sure.

I saw this exact same choke used from closed guard to finish an ultra-heavy purple belt match about two weeks ago. It's very possible to get if your opponent just keeps his head too low.

Here is me doing this loop choke at the Arnolds this year.

Back