Nailed the double armbar last night.

Laminar

White Belt
Reaction score
For the first time ever. :D

I had my opponent in my guard while sparring no gi. I could not get a hold of his arms for armbars as they were to slippery and he kept yanking them away whenever I tried. I kept climbing my legs higher on his torsoe and he finally sat straight up and pushed on my chest but my hips were still up so I threw my calves onto his shoulders and grabbed both wrists. From there it was just keep legs tight, lift hips and and extend his arms.

I have been wanting to get this move for a while now but the oppurtunity has never arisen. I was pretty amped to say the least. :icon_twis

Nice. It is one of the moves IMO you can only get if your opponent makes a big mistake such as extending his hands on your chest.

That's a cool move! I never knew it before, but it seems really easy to do if he makes that mistake.

Big Red said:
Nice. It is one of the moves IMO you can only get if your opponent makes a big mistake such as extending his hands on your chest.

That's exactly the reason it worked. He sat up and back and pushed on my chest, leaving me the room to lift my hips high and lock onto the shoulders. It was fun as shit to get it locked in and tap him.

its a good move, I like it a lot.

wonder why it's not used more often.

Back