NAGA Midwest Grappling, Chicago 9/4/2010

results aren't up, pictures are.
IMG_0198.jpg

Why are you pointing at Rickson?

Should have saw the Carlos Lemos Jr. Vs. Some random blue belt match.
Carlos is a Gracie Barra Blackbelt.

If any of you are familiar with him then you know the various titles he has - 2 time pan American champion, 5 Brazilian National titles, etc. etc.

Anywho.. he had a match against a blue belt during the NAGA this weekend. I'm not sure how this got to be, or who set it up, I personally thought it was a mistake while looking at the cards setting up the bracket. They fought, boy did they "fight"

Carlos started the match feeling him out and ended up giving the kid a huge throw over his shoulder right onto his back. The kid bellied down and then Carlos took his back, sank in a choke and held it. He then proceeded to ask if the other fighter would like to "continue the fight standing". He agreed and they started back up at there feet again. Carlos again took him down (I don't quite remember how) and ended up sinking in another choke this time not giving the blue belt an option to stand up, but rather tapping him silly.

This particular blue belt also entered a purple belt division with 4 guys and ended up taking second.

That was one of my highlights of the weekend, Carlos vs. Blue belt lol

I'm glad to hear that things went smoothly. I didn't even consider going to this NAGA based upon the horror stories I heard from my team and /f12 from the prior event.

I'm glad that the complaints were logged, and it's great that they made the proper arrangements improve the event. I'll definitely be at the next NAGA now!

See you all on 10/9!

Yeah. Funny that we both post on here. I was really glad to see you're as much of a class act online as you are in person. Some people are nice to your face and immediately go online and act like a fool.

Like I said, I'm sure we'll get a chance to compete again. Will you be coming up for US grappling in a few weeks?

I won't be making the trip for the US grappling event. The whole team is going to fight in the Lutador tourney in GA on on Sept 18th and I will be doing the GA NAGA on 10/2. After that I am not sure. Definately want to do another tourney in the Chicago area, there are some good competitors there. If nothing else I will be at the Arnolds.

Hopefully we will get a chance to compete again. It seemed like it was shaping up to be a nice match.

that's cool. i know some of the guys from alliance atlanta are gearing up for the lutador as well. wish i had access to those southern east-coast tournaments

Back