• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mystery Solved: Anthony Smith's Struggle with Extremely Powerful Intruder

Someone should arrange an MMA fight between this guy and Logan Paul. Winner gets a UFC contract

yeah, occasionally a street baller will pull a nice move on an nba player or “cross him over”

however you’re out of your mind it you think someone like the professor would beat a top nba player in game of basketball.

If they were that good they would be in the nba like rafer Alston (street legend n average nba player at best).

there’s levels to this

but even then it’s not what we’re talking about here.

Again it would be equivalent of decent high school baller going to nba all star house n pushing him to the limit in game of basketball.

not Happening
I never said a top NBA player. Only players that are good at going one on one are good at streetball lots of role players in the NBA are not good at one on one, that's why they are role players. They play defense, get rebounds, set picks and shoot only when they are open. Once again being good at organized basketball is way different than being good in pickup games where you are not running plays.

And you have no idea how good of a street fighter this guy was.

Not normal, the kid must have been on the same dick pills than Jones.

It is in some cases. I was attacked at by maccas by an old crazy guy. I was sitting waiting for my meal and he came up and started ranting at me, saying he’d killed cops and all this crap about hating drug dealers. I got tired of responding to him so said sorry I’ve had enough of this conversation and turned away.

He started yelling “look at me, do I look scared? Look at me” and I said something like “go away I’m tired of speaking to you” and he said “I’ll smash you”. I almost laughed in response saying “You’d stand no chance I’m way bigger than you” (he was like 5’7, 130s and old/crackhead next to my 5’10, 165 lean/athletic aged 29).

I’m still seated at this stage so he comes over to where I’m seated and swings a wild and slow right (not sure he even made a fist) which I easily catch with the outside forearm of my left arm to his right bicep. I laugh and say “kids I work with throw harder strikes” (which was true) which angers him and causes him to shuffle from side to side like some boxer and prepare to throw another punch. I realise he’s going to keep throwing strikes until I stop him at that point so before he could throw another punch I sprang up and clinched him, breaking down his posture and slamming him to the ground with my weight on top, spiking him into the concrete.

They yell at him to get out (he hadn’t even purchased anything, he’d just been hanging out the front abusing people who entered) and he hightailed it clutching the shoulder we landed on. His blood, some money and lighter/cigarettes which fell from his pockets lay on the ground where I slammed him.

He might have been mad to pick a fight with someone far younger and heavier but physics held true when I got my hands on him, sending him for a ride as soon as I clinched. On the hard stone ground one takedown is enough to bust a shoulder and draw blood (presumably from somewhere on the back of his head) when you suffer a notable size/strength disadvantage. That’s physics, it’s inevitable.

Now, did you actually say "kids I work with throw harder strikes" or did it iust sound better to phrase it that way?

Struck me as well. Everyone talking like the guy was next Karelin. And I dont know shit about wrestling. Just 11 losses seems quite high for a standout.

Might be enough to punch a ticket to the individual state tournament, if you catch fire in the sectional/regional/semi-state tournaments, but an 11 loss senior is losing in the opening round.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to tussle with a former standout wrestler from Nebraska who is likely either bat shit crazy and/or hopped up on meth.

That dude's gonna end up shot.

In Nebraska I’d 100% expect to be shot if I did something like that which makes me wonder if that’s what the guy was trying to make happen by going to houses and scream.

yeah, occasionally a street baller will pull a nice move on an nba player or “cross him over”

however you’re out of your mind it you think someone like the professor would beat a top nba player in game of basketball.

If they were that good they would be in the nba like rafer Alston (street legend n average nba player at best).

there’s levels to this

but even then it’s not what we’re talking about here.

Again it would be equivalent of decent high school baller going to nba all star house n pushing him to the limit in game of basketball.

not Happening
It's really not and it's a terrible comparison.

lmao @ this thread. "methhead strength" lmfao gtfo with that crap. This is what happens in a real fight in the real world. You can train BJJ all you like but if you're dealing with a tough son of a gun with street instincts you are in no way guaranteed to emerge the victor. This is why boxing is the most useful skill in a street fight. Wilder & Tyson have fight instincts that can't be learned on a mat.

what happens is the professional fighter handles the drugged out psycho kid.

Fucking embarrassing. You're a professional fighter, fighting at the highest level of fighting in the world, and you struggled with a pizza delivery boy?

In that case, I've seen some regular Joes at the gym who would probably wreck Anthony Smith.
no, you haven't...

Ultimate fighter invite coming...

This might sound fucked up, but imagine putting 2 people on whatever this kid was on and locking them inside a cage.. Dana?

Top 205 in ufc needs training camp to deal with a 170 kid?

these are “so called” the best in the world to do it.

if that’s the case kicking someone’s ass should be 2nd nature to them.

imagine him working as a bouncer in some of the shittiest clubs or bars in the world?

you gotta be ready to go at any moment, not freeze when things get heated.

You think old school guys would get punked by a 170 kid?
he didn't get punked.......

What the fuck are the chances that your home intruder is a standout wrestler. Good on Smith for keeping his composure and not permanently maiming the guy. I know Jones got flack for saying that he wouldn't let the guy alive if that was him, but I honestly see that less as bragging that he's such a badass and more condoning Smith for being able to restrain himself.
I was thinking the other way. What are the chances you break into the home of a 6'4 220 MMA fighter?

Struck me as well. Everyone talking like the guy was next Karelin. And I dont know shit about wrestling. Just 11 losses seems quite high for a standout.

good wrestler, combined with being a pure psycho.....did you see this dude screaming his lungs off, cause he couldn't enter someones home? sane people do not do that....he was either, high on something, or has some severe mental issues....maybe both.

I never said a top NBA player. Only players that are good at going one on one are good at streetball lots of role players in the NBA are not good at one on one, that's why they are role players. They play defense, get rebounds, set picks and shoot only when they are open. Once again being good at organized basketball is way different than being good in pickup games where you are not running plays.

Smith is top 3 lhw in the world, so that’s pretty much best out there to do it n comparable to top nba players.

also you do realize that all those “role players” in nba were like best players growing up n were dominating in high school n sometimes even in college n only when they reached the nba had to readjust their game n became role players?

skills wise they are still better than your decent high school player.

And you have no idea how good of a street fighter this guy was.

Neither do you. All we know is he was decent wrestler in high school.

you started to compare him to a street baller without any evidence.

It's really not and it's a terrible comparison.

yeah, you’re right

a street baller would be equivalent of a trained mma fighter who fights in the streets.

this kid was a high school wrestler which makes it even worse

it would be like a high school track n field athlete going to nba all star house n being his “toughest challenge” in game of basketball

Back