My ufc 156 main card picks

ATL

Altitude MMA
Reaction score
Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar- I believe Frankie's pace will be too much for Aldo, he will utilize his speed and wrestling neutralizing Aldo's strengths. Frankie by UD

Rashad Evans vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira - Rashad's wrestling I foresee some nice combos to setup the take downs leading to a an early 3rd round TKO for Rashad

Alistair Overeem vs Antonio Silva -When Bigfoot Silva gets pressured with strikes he seems to get caught quite a bit backpedaling see CORMIER, BROWNE, CAIN FIGHTS

Jon Fitch vs Demian Maia-If Fitch can avoid the subs for the first 2 rounds and Maia's new and improved ,fitch will get the split UD via repeated take downs and back to LNP. I think Fitch will get frustrated enough in the standup to take him down at will, but is Jon Fitch's wrestling enough to neutralize Maia's BJJ. Im going with Fitch via boring decision.

Thanks for any positive responses

rashad is probably the biggest no brainer here. im with u on the rest as well

Cain took Bigfoot down in like the first 10 seconds of the fight off of a kick. Browne didn't hit Bigfoot much in their fight. How are those examples of Bigfoot getting caught while back peddling?

Cain took Bigfoot down in like the first 10 seconds of the fight off of a kick. Browne didn't hit Bigfoot much in their fight. How are those examples of Bigfoot getting caught while back peddling?

A BETTER CLAIRFICATION.... Bigfoot has huge problems with people who apply pressure and get on the inside.

lol at Edgar beating Aldo. I'm so excited for Aldo to whoop Frankie.

I feel like Rashad And Overeem are obvious winners.

And I agree with Fitch winning, too.

I'm also taking McCall over Joey B and Woodley over Hieron.

Exactly what I was thinking

Aldo VS. Edgar = Oh jeez...would not want to be forced to put money on this one. Because of the length of this fight, I'm going to this one to Frankie by UD!

Evans VS. Rogerio = Welcome back Mister Evans...Your welcome gift...Rogerio. Now Knock him out and move back up the ladder!

Alistair VS. Big Foot = WOW! How does Overeem lose this?! He will dominate Overeem and take the fight late in the first round.

Fitch VS. Maia = I love this fight! Fitch loves to take fights to the ground and Maia loves being on his back... Long shot but I give Maia the sub in the 3rd round!

Not sure about that, I think Aldo takes this one in devastating fashion. Reem and Rashad got gimme' fights, although Nog and Bigfoot are both capable of an upset. Maia and Fitch has the most appeal aside from the main event, Maia by UD. And I fully expect McCall to beat Benevidez

lol at Edgar beating Aldo. I'm so excited for Aldo to whoop Frankie.

I feel like Rashad And Overeem are obvious winners.

And I agree with Fitch winning, too.

I'm also taking McCall over Joey B and Woodley over Hieron.

this

If we are guessing.... I think Aldo will explode on Frankie and finish him is the first (which his buddy Maynard couldn't).

Vs. Little Nog, Rashad may very well get outboxed, and resort to wrestling, but if Rogerio doesn't catch him with something big, he'll get decisioned and with ease.

Big Foot will get KO'd. I don't think Overeem is that monster, but Silva just has plain bad striking defense.

Maia will be the one taking Fitch down, and he'll choke him. Nobody is unsubmittable, nor Benson, nor Jon.

Aldo, 1st or 2nd (T)KO.
Rashad UD's Nog
Overeem KO's Bigfoot in the first
Fitch dominates Maia. Seriously, did people even watch his fight against Erick Silva?! He's got incredible sub defense and excellent takedowns. He'll UD Maia easier than Anderson did.

Edgar is Aldo's biggest test for sure. If Edgar can survive early he has a great shot.

Back