My thoughts on status of the UFC after watching UFC 155

TwiztedDP

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hello my fellow Sherdogger's, I have been surfing this forum for years and it has brought me some great laughs and great conversations too (yes intelligent conversations do take place on sherdog, you just have to sift through all the crap sometime to find one). I have always been a rabid fan of MMA since I first got a hold of UFC 1 on VHS, since then I have watched every event I could.

I just watched UFC 155 today and figured I would share my thoughts on a few things

I have always acknowledged that Cain is a beast, and yes I was hoping for JDS to win but its a fight with two of the top guys in the world and if I have learned anything from watching MMA is that anything can happen. Now with that said Cain beat that boys ass. I was in shock to see how bad JDS looked, I mean major props to him to keep coming (and I actually thought JDS was starting to look better towards the end of the fight). Cain is no doubt a beast, but his take downs (especially in the beginning of the fight) looked horrendous!!!! I mean I was like WTF?!?! The fight for me proved that both of the fighters still have bigger holes in their game that I thought were previously there. A third fight down the line sounds good to me but I hope they let both fighters fight a least 2 to 3 different people before the rematch.

I was also really rooting for Tim Boetsch, I know hes not a world beater but considering he had actually strung together a nice string of victories (controversial or not a win is a win) I was hoping he could keep it rolling. Speaking of keeping it rolling I was rooting for Mr. Belcher too, after being sidelined for so long then to come back and have the run he was having, I was loving it, too bad Okami ended it. But I know that both fighters will learn and come back stronger.

As for Joe and Jim. THANK YOU!!!! As a true fan I have always respected any man or woman who steps in the ring or cage. The fight was AWESOME. I really have no other words but THANK YOU!!!

this belongs in the Mayberry or off topic forum.

A third fight down the line sounds good to me but I hope they let both fighters fight a least 2 to 3 different people before the rematch.

I agree. I can't wait to see how JDS evolves after this loss.

Im sorry I thought this forum was about the fights and fighters that are in the UFC....:rolleyes:

oh my bad, i only read the first paragraph and thought you were writing a bibliography

You should be able to appreciate that the sloppy takedowns, etc. were part of a bigger strategy. There were no holes shown.

it was just nerves, ill advised shots by cain

mostly at the beginning

oh my bad, i only read the first paragraph and thought you were writing a bibliography

Do yourself a favour. Go get a dictionary (or go to dictionary.com) and look up bibliography. Clearly, you don't have a clue what it means.

Thank you in advance.

I suspect JDS will come back a better fighter after this loss. Looking forward to the rubber match.

give us some more detail on what you mean there, professor

i agree that they should fight others - junior and cain are at the top of the division, in my opinion - i think they maul everyone else

A bibliography and a biography are two very different things. In this case, the word i think you are looking for us autobiography.

Back