my thoughts on royce vs ken 3

mmaelitefan000

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
saw the fight and the post fight conference. heard ken speak on the controversial knee to the groin and i gotta agree with everything he said. he said basically that royce knew he hit him in the nuts but kept fighting. whether it was intentional or not, ken stated if it were him, he wouldn't have wanted to win in that fashion. i have mad respect for ken and lost respect for royce. hughes should've broke his girly arm.

Sak, Fujita, Kimbo, this........I've stopped trying to make sense of the endings of Ken Shamrock losses.

I feel bad for Ken losing like that, but there is nothing to respect in his reaction. He acted like, well ... like Ken Shamrock.

V1DC35.gif

Ken may not like to win that way. And well...he didn't win.

Ken goes into a fight knowing that something will happen that he is going to complain about because to him "life is not fair" and hey thats exactly what happens... funny thats basically the attitude he has about life everytime I see an interview of him, tell me how many times youve heard Shamrock saying somebody has screwed him up. Life always becomes what you most expect of it, the universe is whatever you want it to be.

I never scream fixed fight!!
But when Ken fights... It is beginning to look like he is the worlds most unlucky guy.
Sometimes you need skill to be just THAT unlucky.

Did they have a camera angle that showed him getting kneed in the nuts? How bad does getting kneed in the nuts hurt that guys can't fight through it?

Thanks. Looks left of center to me but I guess it caught part of his junk. But when I played football we wore plastic "cups" to protect that region. Don't they have something to protect that region if it is so sensitive that fighter gets paralyzed when it's hit?

Ken goes into a fight knowing that something will happen that he is going to complain about because to him "life is not fair" and hey thats exactly what happens... funny thats basically the attitude he has about life everytime I see an interview of him, tell me how many times youve heard Shamrock saying somebody has screwed him up. Life always becomes what you most expect of it, the universe is whatever you want it to be.
THere is indeed some truth to this. Tito I believe once said that Ken always act "too cool for school" and I partially agree. However in this case I can't do anything other than agree with Ken. COuld he have fought through the nutshot? possibly. SHould the ref have given him recovery time? Most definitely.

When I was in High School I played on the school Basketball team, but rode the bench the whole season. I only played in the last 30 seconds of games where we either were destroying a team or getting destroyed. I'll always remember finally getting an opportunity to play and promptly getting nailed in the nuts. It was excruciating but I was gonna be damned if they were pulling me out so I fought through that shit and played. And we didn't wear cups for basketball. I'll always remember how bad it hurt and fighting through it because how much I wanted to play. My point is, Ken could have probably fought through it instead of turtling up and taking a beating. He was waiting for the ref to do something to help him. I don't believe Royce did this on purpose. It happens. Royce was saying they came from a time with no rules and he should have been able to handle it.

I do not think this was a work or even a dive from Ken. the those knees to his groin were real and he had more bad luck due to a bad ref. congratulations to Royce who still has the spirit of NHB in him

Hard to feel too bad for Ken since he has been in some terrible fights late in his career. Should have hung up the gloves a while back.

I've never seen a fighter with more questionable fights and potential works in my life. (I am still mad about the Sakuraba/Ken fight).

Back