My thoughts on JDS' loss...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MMAaddictus, Dec 31, 2012.

1. MMAaddictus

MMAaddictus Purple Belt

JDS is known to setup his strikes and if an opponent plays his game, it's usually game over! JDS was bewildered with Cain's non-stop attack, takedowns, and everything else making it hard for him to setup his strikes. You can see that JDS was baffled and seems like he's unsure of what he's doing. After that he was caught with a BIG punch and from that point on, he was never the same the entire fight.

Cain was a beast that night.

2. axewand

axewand Blue Belt

JDS is known to throw punches. Cain did more than that. Glad i put my money on Cain.

3. keyster

keyster Orange Belt

Yeah , i second that.

4. milkywaygalxee**

milkywaygalxee** Banned Banned

Great post.

5. RoryFan

RoryFan Wears Hats

So he was out mma'd is what you're saying.

Interdesting... very interdesting.

I have some guys working in secret at the moment to create the perfect athlete using an extensive scientific program of large doses of growth hormone and subliminal messaging. You mind if we meet up some time to exchange ideas? I think we could really be of help to one another.

6. Break Brick

Break Brick Black Belt

Pretty much. Look forward to seeing what adjustments JDS makes for the III. That's gonna be an interesting fight

7. chubbypickle

chubbypickle Blue Belt

jds needs to ko him in the first 2 mins

8. FedorGear2ndo

FedorGear2ndo Green Belt

Yea, when Cain came out at the start of the first I could really tell that he had thought a lot about the first fight and what he could have done differently. Completely different approach by Cain - and it threw Junior way off his game. I don't think anyone has ever pressured JDS like that and I know no one has ever hurt him like Cain did in the first. It's amazing he made it the distance really. By the end of the first I thought there was no way Junior was making it out of the third.

9. Pastor Trimm

Pastor Trimm Dimitri's Messenger Banned

Is the man in your av this said fighter?

:cool:

10. Nicho007

Nicho007 White Belt

The Cain's approach to JDS has been the same approach Lesnar had with Cain...the difference is their different cardio...in fact lesnar has been beaten up then...You can push your pace up with Junior only if you have the endurance to mantain your level for at least 3 rounds...if not he will KO you...At the moment the only one can do that against JDS is really Cain!

11. F Z NUTZ

F Z NUTZ Banned Banned

Cain was good at doing everything. He mixed things up really well, and JDS couldn't keep up. 2 warriors, but one had the better gameplan, and the other seemed to not have much of one. JDS is more capable, but his head got taken out early in the fight. He never gave up, even though at times, it looked like he was trying to get knocked out. Both guys are classy Champions, and I can't wait for the 3rd!

12. Rhood

Rhood Gold Belt

Actually, JDS vs Cain II reminded me of Sonnen vs Anderson Silva I
    These two fights seem nearly identical.

13. FedorGear2ndo

FedorGear2ndo Green Belt

Did I miss a miracle triangle victory deep into the 5th by Junior? I feel like I would have remembered that.

14. fight4ippon

fight4ippon Brown Belt

It's true you see fighters get suckered into boxing with JDS. Cain took a page out of JDS mixing high and low, but instead of just strikes he went with TD's which JDS can defend well but does not PUNISH opponents for trying to take him down. I remember in grappling they taught us ways to punish a guy that was taller going for the high grip, or to take special advantage of a an opponent charging for your weak spot and having a quick answer to the attack. If JDS punished/battered Cain for each take down attempt it may have discouraged future attempts. JDS needs to not just defend take downs but find a way to cause damage to people who try them.

15. mr mad

mr mad Orange Belt

You should use even more text next time to set up your "zingers"!!

16. MMAaddictus

MMAaddictus Purple Belt

Nice insights guys.

17. Nicho007

Nicho007 White Belt

Yes,the development for sure except for the ending... I focused my comment just on how cain and brock started aggressively their fight not to let their opponent plays his game. The difference was brock had 2 minutes of gas while cain had 20.

18. RoryFan

RoryFan Wears Hats

The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

19. 0vary hugger**

0vary hugger** Banned Banned

I just put all my vcash on it,should have put money on it but didn't cause of new year
    purchases.Still got fat returns on my vcash :D

20. BEBRAVE

BEBRAVE White Belt

Please explain how VCASH works. What is the point of getting more VCASH?