My routine

jdank327

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys:

i have started a new diet/excersize routine...please crituique/comment/critizie

i am 24 yrs old..6 foot 2...255 lbs

i would like to lose about 30-40 lbs

i am eating either egg whites and turkey in a whole wheat wrap or oatmeal for brekfast

i am eating either turkey or grilled chicken with veggies in a whole wheat wrap or salad for lunch ( just oil and vinegar dressing )

For dinner i am eating lean meats or fish with vegetables.

i am eating either apple or nuts for snack throughout the day and am taking a multi twice a day

i am training bjj 3 times a week hard...i always stay after for at least a half hour roll after class

should i add more supplements? do more cardio?

See the Seven Habits of Effective Nutrition in the FAQ sticky.

I would suggest eating more often. Try not to eat carbs other than vegetables at any time except after workouts.

Try that for starters and definitely read the FAQ's information.

See the Seven Habits of Effective Nutrition in the FAQ sticky.

I would suggest eating more often. Try not to eat carbs other than vegetables at any time except after workouts.

Try that for starters and definitely read the FAQ's information.

even whole wheat carbs?

i read teh 7 habits sticky..when it says eat healthy fats every day, are they talking about nuts?

even whole wheat carbs?

Yep. It's tough but the results are pretty astounding. You'll be pretty surprised at the number of fruits and vegetables you eat :D.

There are times when I've eaten "other" carbs not PWO. If you do that just try and make then whole.

i read teh 7 habits sticky..when it says eat healthy fats every day, are they talking about nuts?

Yeah, nuts have healthy fats. So does fish (i.e. fish oil), peanut butter, almond butter, olive oil etc.

those yolks you throw down the drain for breakfast have lots of healthy fats. and protein. and all your fat soluble vitamins, including the hard to include D. eat the damn yolks.

those yolks you throw down the drain for breakfast have lots of healthy fats. and protein. and all your fat soluble vitamins, including the hard to include D. eat the damn yolks.

Ditto.

Eat those yolks man! :)
Def stay away from carbs during morning and PWO. Take your fish oils (I take about 3.6g now). Drink plenty of water too. About a gallon, gallon+ a day.

thanks guys....how is oatmeal fro breakfast? or is that carbs?

Eat those yolks man! :)
Def stay away from carbs during morning and PWO. Take your fish oils (I take about 3.6g now). Drink plenty of water too. About a gallon, gallon+ a day.

You definitely DO want carbs PWO.

I agree with the water statement though. I drink over two gallons a day. I'm also a big guy.

You definitely DO want carbs PWO.

I agree with the water statement though. I drink over two gallons a day. I'm also a big guy.

eating carbs PWO for me would be at 8:30 pm...is that still a good idea? i usually eat really light after my workouts because it is late

eating carbs PWO for me would be at 8:30 pm...is that still a good idea? i usually eat really light after my workouts because it is late

It's perfectly fine. Those carbs will be put to use. :)

Personally, I only have carbs preWO, and PostWO. I've been getting results this way so far.

Back