My Opinion: Khabib will relinquish the title and take superfight with GSP

KMaN21

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Calling it here first.
Khabib will relinquish the UFC title in the announcement today.
Dustin & Conors fight next weekend will be for the LW title.
An announcement will be made today for a non-title superfight between Khabib & GSP at a catchweight or welterweight.
This is my strong guess, what do yall think?

Gsp has become eunuch like in fighting khabib at 155 so I'll be shocked if that the case. Khabib better not agree to 170. Georges made his bed , only 39( an incredible in shape 39) and should fight the man at the weight they were supposed to. I have confidence khabib whoops him at a catch too .

What am I saying ..... this isn't happening

Calling it here first.
An announcement will be made today for a non-title superfight between Khabib & GSP at a catchweight or welterweight.
Only thing that makes sense imo.

Who cares if Khabib defend the offical LW belt one more time?
He beats Dustin again...no one gives a shit.
He beats Conor again...no one gives a shit.
He loses to either of them... meh. Conor would not defend for a trilogy anyway.

This is the latest, but i think hes onboard.

I watched that and to me the speech about offering to buy a car years later is more telling than him being excited. He sounds like he gave Dana his chance and now he’s over it even if he still gets his competitive side going, he’s likely to stay retired.

Calling it here first.
Forget what I hope will happen, I don't see Khabib stepping in the ring again.

Im with you TS. They will make it at 165 and have a belt one the line just like they did in Nate vs Masvidal fight.

Think GSP will be interested if UFC is serious of making the Khabib fight.

I feel like Georges is too past his prime at this point and Khabib is that good now. If GSP were still in his prime, I would comfortably pick him to beat Khabib though.

Khabib will beat GSP because GSP is 40 and has been inactive for the majority of the last 7-8 years.

While Khabib has been mauling the lightweight division with ease

That being said I want to see it happen so Khabib can retire 30-0 with one of the other GOAT contenders in GSP on his list of perfect victories.

Ultimately securing Khabib’s place as the GOAT

Khabib retires and won't fight GSP. I don't see at all why he wants this fight so bad. Is it really adding to legacy if you beat a 40 yo guy who fought once in the last 6(?) years? It would be infinitely more impressive if he fights Usman and I honestly think Conor gives him a harder fight than GSP now. If GSP wins, we can pretty much agree Khabib is an average fighter who got lucky he fought nobody with a good ground game.

One thing is that khabib wants gsp

Other is that gsp wants khabib now

Gsp has become eunuch like in fighting khabib at 155 so I'll be shocked if that the case. Khabib better not agree to 170. Georges made his bed , only 39( an incredible in shape 39) and should fight the man at the weight they were supposed to. I have confidence khabib whoops him at a catch too .

What am I saying ..... this isn't happening
What are you saying indeed lol.

Expecting GSP to cut to 55 because you are too scared to fight a non malnuorished old man is a eunuch move

I can believe the symbol of 30-0 would be tempting to Khabib. And he has long expressed interest in fighting GSP. By contrast, I don't see any other match-up as having nearly the same appeal for him.

Also, Khabib would have already relinquished the belt if he wasn't open to just the right final fight.

Calling it here first.
Fighting GSP is whatever. Its not an exciting fight imo

What are you saying indeed lol.

Expecting GSP to cut to 55 because you are too scared to fight a non malnuorished old man is a eunuch move
Gsp initiated the whole 155 khabib deal- not khabib .....and hes not some old man ?

He spilled the fucking milk - he should clean it up. The epitome of the sitch just hit him . Listen, I actually have no problems with a catch - khabib just looks that much better after fight.

This isnt a vulture circling his prey like he did Bisping. Gsp has already hinted he wants a small fortune for khabib to put it on him( in other words).

GSP is a beyond healthy 39 year old who , in the state of UFC s 170 division, could return and sustain a top 10 ranking for a few years.

No more cherries to be picked-

Back