My open weight final

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Lost in the final of my weight class and I was devastated. I fought the open weight to try to redeem myself and then this happened.. Crazy. Thank you all for the support over the past couple years!

[YT]QGnH8fdF0ts[/YT]

Incredible!

I saw your podium pic for light-feather and felt really bad for you. I could see the disappointment.

To come back in this fashion is all heart. Ossss!

Incredible!

I saw your podium pic for light-feather and felt really bad for you. I could see the disappointment.

He fought at feather

Lost in the final of my weight class and I was devastated. I fought the open weight to try to redeem myself and then this happened.. Crazy. Thank you all for the support over the past couple years!

Inspiration for (long limb) practitioners everywhere, including myself. To do it in the finals of worlds open weight is ridiculous need more guys like you competing relentlessly. Nogi Worlds next?

Congratz, a really fantastic way to win!

That was slick af.

You deserve it man. Awesome stuff.

Incredible!

That is pretty awesome man.

congrats!

Congratz brah, nice flying triangle

sweet triangle

Inspiration for (long limb) practitioners everywhere, including myself. To do it in the finals of worlds open weight is ridiculous need more guys like you competing relentlessly. Nogi Worlds next?

Congratulations man!

Congratz, a really fantastic way to win!

Thanks a lot everyone, I really appreciate it. Super excited to compete at brown belt with kneebars and toe hold and stuff.

Beautiful triangle, Edwin.

Out of curiosity (since you kind of brought it up) what are your thoughts on the current IBJJF leg lock rules? Would you change them in any way?

Awesome. Do you prefer to go double-lapel for the flying triangle? If so, is it so you don't telegraph it?

I saw the fight on the feed. Way to go for it, that was sooo sweet. It had to feel great. Big congrats!

I blinked and then it was locked in! Slick slick slick triangle, gj

I believe the guy who lost was one win away from a double grand slam. 7 golds, 1 silver.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Back