• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Newbreed Open Tournament results. Charolette, NC Jan. 22

evansusmc2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Its been since 2018 since I posted one of these threads. And last time I competed was mid-2019. Covid really put a damper on my competition plans. But I finally got back into it.

I had trained my ass off for months. Went from 217 pounds to 197 in just two months. I entered in the 192-202 weight class. Of course they inform me upon arrival that I got bumped up to the 203-213 for no gi.

I was able to get video of my one gi match and both no gi matches. So therefore I don't need to explain much this time.

Gi match

No gi matches

I'm not saying that my opponents refused to stand on the podium with me but somehow they just never showed up after the matches. I did see them go retrieve their medals much later while I was no longer standing in the area.

IMG_8315.JPGIMG_8320.JPGIMG_8322.JPG

Congratulations. I'm curious, what was the age group?

How many people competed in your weight class in both gi and no gi?

Follow up question: You made it look easy, but was it?

Congrats! You made it look easy.
Congratulations. I'm curious, what was the age group?
Masters division. Yeah... There are VERY FEW American men in their early 40s (honestly not many in their 30s either) that an hold a candle to me when it comes to fitness and cardio. I am an every day gym rat of freak genetics. I actually felt sorry for my second opponent. He just didn't belong in there with me.

Follow up question: You made it look easy, but was it?

NERVES was the hard part. I hadn't competed in a while and didn't know what to expect. The gi finals match was a story of whoever got on top first. I made for damn sure I didn't let this dude get a good position. He outweighed me by at least 15 pounds.

How many people competed in your weight class in both gi and no gi?
I had one gi match and 2 no gi matches. So a 2 man bracket and a 4 man bracket.

The gi bracket had 4 guys in it but... who the heck knows what happend. They just disappeared after weigh in or something. From what I gather this happens quite often.

Masters division. Yeah... There are VERY FEW American men in their early 40s (honestly not many in their 30s either) that an hold a candle to me when it comes to fitness and cardio. I am an every day gym rat of freak genetics. I actually felt sorry for my second opponent. He just didn't belong in there with me.
That's how it looked to me. It was as if you took your time because you knew the conclusion.

ZOMG What a loser. New Breed sucks. I'd totally win all the matches, but I didn't show. Now, if it was IBJJF blue belt masters, that'd be something.

JK, congrats.

I'm surprised you had that many people registered to compete in the 40s age range. Good job and congrats again!

I'm surprised you had that many people registered to compete in the 40s age range. Good job and congrats again!
Sorry late reply. Yeah I don't always exclusively compete in the 40s age range. I just register with my stats and arrive to compete against whoever. Last weekend I competed against a 25 year old guy that outweighed me by 16 pounds. The thread is near the top of this forum now. Videos included.

Back