My negative review of shock doctor basix compression short w/ adult flex cup

S

shagy

i just recieved my shock doctor shorts, i am very disappointed with the product's design.

the cup pouch is on the outside of the compression material. therefore the cup sorta floats over my package, the cup does not fit securely against my body. i am afraid to try rolling in it because i don't want anything to get pinched.

i ordered the right size, the shorts fit me perfectly, until i put the cup in. i tried using my previous cup which fits perfectly to my body (with my old jockstrap), but the same situation occured; therefore i conclude the short's design is the culprit.

anyone that has this product: does the cup fit securely to your body?

i am extremely disapointed with the products design, i don't see why they couldn't put the cup pouch on the inside of the compression material.

0 out of 10. i can't give it any better score unless the cup fit correctly.

I too do not like the design with the cup floating around. I also think that the compression and the "x-fit" system are not that great. Cup should fit in a pouch under the compression material, the compression material should be thicker (so that it actually compresses), and the "x-fit" straps should be tighter. I wear UA compression shorts over the shockdoctors and feel that this hold the cup firmly enough.

i wear my cup in a jock strap under compression shorts for maximum stability... i never liked the way a cup felt in the compression short by itself...

Edit : i should mention i don't use shock doctor brand for either my jock or compression shorts... but they all seem about the same to me

I was thinking about getting this,now I will not.Thanks for the review.

The shock doctor is probably the best jock I've ever worn, and I've worn a ton in hockey as well as MMA. The cup fit is probably the most secure of any other model I've ever worn. And as far as pinching, unless you get the thing friggin' grafted to your gonads, this will always be a problem no matter what form of protection you wear.

Your review sounds to me like you haven't dealt with nut protectors much in your life.

KzFactoryRumina said:
I was thinking about getting this,now I will not.Thanks for the review.
I wouldn't base your selection just off of one person's opinion.

l3lizz4rd said:
The shock doctor is probably the best jock I've ever worn, and I've worn a ton in hockey as well as MMA. The cup fit is probably the most secure of any other model I've ever worn. And as far as pinching, unless you get the thing friggin' grafted to your gonads, this will always be a problem no matter what form of protection you wear.

Your review sounds to me like you haven't dealt with nut protectors much in your life.

Do you have the jock or the compression shorts with cup? The shorts really do a lousy job of holding the cup securely. The jock on the other hand does a decent job.

I'm going to be receiving my ShockDoc's C-Shorts next week. It seems that a lot of people have a hard time positioning the damn cup...which may take time for me to get used to....How do you properly position it without it pinching your balls and what not. On the other hand, i've heard other people say, all jocks are the same, they're uncomfortable but sure do a good job of protecting your balls from exploding...unless it pinches it or floats aroudn your junk then i dunno -_- ALSO WHAT COLOR did you guys choose? i picked black lol

I have two pair and two cups and have no complaints. I believe the whole point of the cup being on the outside of the shorts is too avoid any chaffing or bruising if you do take a swift one to the pills. They've served me well thus far. They worked for the guys on TUF too.

obeygiant.jpg

If you are Chinese or a small Caucasian dude with a waist larger than 32 inches, you may have problems with the spacious cup riding around. If you aren't someone God frowned upon, you should be fine IMO.

I'm hung like a squirrel who lives above the arctic circle, and it works fine for me. Doesn't shift or pinch, and I've put it through hell.

skeet said:
I'm hung like a squirrel who lives above the arctic circle(...)

That's just awesome :icon_chee

Superbeast said:
If you are Chinese or a small Caucasian dude with a waist larger than 32 inches, you may have problems with the spacious cup riding around. If you aren't someone God frowned upon, you should be fine IMO.

Spacious cup? my kiwis barely fit inside that damn thing, no joke.

shagy said:

can someone answer this question? im not talking about your dick and balls fitting in the cup, im talking about the edges of the cup fitting securely against your pelvis

l3lizz4rd said:

i'm not the only one

to answer someone's question, i got black.

combatkimura said:
Spacious cup? my kiwis barely fit inside that damn thing, no joke.

Damn, your plums must be swoll.

shagy said:
can someone answer this question? im not talking about your dick and balls fitting in the cup, im talking about the edges of the cup fitting securely against your pelvis
l3lizz4rd said:
The cup fit is probably the most secure of any other model I've ever worn.
Read much?

shagy said:

You'd have to have a vagina for it to not float. I completely agree with your review. Whenever I get around to posting my gear reviews (I have a ton I need to get around to doing) I'm going to post some pictures, a lot of people don't really understand what the problem is and it's hard to explain with words.

Back