My MMA debut

Tim Goodwin

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
This is actually my second fight, but the first was officially an exhibition due to last minute opponent changes and weight class issues. This fight I weighed in at 143 and my opponent weighed in at 154 even though we were supposed to fight at 145. I still managed to win a unanimous decision.

2nd MMA fight on Vimeo

Edit: I'm the black guy in the blue shorts, the camera man makes a mistake during the introductions.

your the white guy? no offense man but i think the dark skin guy took it...unless i got it confused since they said TIM G and the camera was on the white guy.

the camera man screwed up. i'm the black guy, sorry should've specified that.

oh then you kicked ass man, dominated the whole fight....and very nice arm triangle attempts.

What was the escape your opponent used when you had his back in the first round, he did like a front roll or something and scrambled out?

you were a bit too kind also, i think you shoudve got more strikes on him LOL

He had some pretty good choke defense, but not much else. Those wild haymakers made me laugh...you could have tossed a couple of jabs in his face in between each one.

yeah, good job.

he didnt have a day of jiu jitsu...he even went for the schoolyard headlock. you schooled him, good job.

a bit too conservative against this guy, though. You should have beat him up more from half guard. ah who am I too criticize. haha well done

the camera man screwed up. i'm the black guy, sorry should've specified that.

haha, okay now it all makes sense. BTW you should edit the the first post of this thread to specify it. But anyway good job, good luck with your future MMA career.

He had some pretty good choke defense, but not much else. Those wild haymakers made me laugh...you could have tossed a couple of jabs in his face in between each one.

For some odd reason I got extremely tired in that fight. I felt pretty worn out after the first round. Not sure why since I had no conditioning problems in my fight before or after this one. I saw the punches coming but couldn't seem to react properly. Wrestling instinct (shooting) kicked in once he cracked me in the head though.

Great job man. Congrats! Good mount and back control.

Awesome, I was pissed off. I thought the white guy won by decision, I was about to question if we were watching the same fight. Good job, but you really should have finished him, he was totally outclassed. But it it was your first time and it was a good showing.

Back