My matches to make after UFC on FX 6

edisraw

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Ross Pearson vs. Yves Edwards- Pearson comes off his first stoppage in the UFC...ever, as Edwards comes off the first stoppage of Jeremy Stephens ever. There isn't much at stake aside from another slight climb up the ladder but smart money would call this a hell of a fight.

Robert Whittaker vs. Sergio Moraes- I'll be surprised if Whittaker stays at 170...he looks a little small for the weight class...but they kept pointing at his Machida like attacks and it got me thinking how Machida is a pretty small LHW in all honesty, either way he should be handled with care and even though im not big for handing people wins I think a lower tier opponent like Moraes would do him a lot of good in developing into a better fighter. Moraes also would test Whittakers submission resolve and if he were to win he would in turn be an instant player for the Main card of any UFC Brazil events.

Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck- Once again, I don't want to hand people wins and this one would probably be better contested than Whittaker vs. Moraes. Tuck has much to gain as Parke with a win over the newest TUF winner (as pointless as that title has become.) and both are full of energy from the little I've seen of their work. Seems to be a fun fight in the making.

Hector Lombard vs. Okami/Blecher winner- Yea....that seems about right. Botesch beat or "beat" if you Lombard and stopped Okami, both Belcher and Lombard stopped Palhares within a round in impressive fashion. I think this is already the forgone conclusion and if ends up being Alan vs. Hector it'll probably be for the number 1 contenders spot.

Chad Mendes vs. Dennis Siver- This would clear out the top 5 145ers pretty quickly both are coming off dominate performances and both are considered running towards contention despite Mendes/Aldo 1...Mabye Mendes should take it slower but I say what the hell? Worst comes to worse he losses to Aldo again and is small enough to make 135 and take a stab at that division and Siver vs. Aldo could be a pretty sweet fight if he stopped Chad or beat him clearly...even if Aldo would probably stopped him within 2.

Joey Beltran vs. Cody Donovan- It is not like either of them have anyone better to fight...anyway after seeing both of them tonight it would at least be a scrappy little fun brawl...whether it's on a Fuel card or a facebook stream.

Mike Pierce vs. Condit/MacDonald 2 winner- Work with me here people. In many peoples eye's Pierce beat Kos and should be higher up the ladder. Condit or Rory aren't going to be facing GSP any time soon and Condit's weakness seems to be wrestlers while Rory is unproven vs. high quality wrestlers. Pierce might not be oozing charisma by any standard and his gas tank might have been a little off (let's blame the short notice....even though Noke pulled out like a week after the match was announced.) but he has payed his dues and would be a good fight for either or.

Benny Alloway vs. Colton Smith/Mike Ricci winner- Welcome to the UFC Alloway, nice win...now loss 2 in a row and get cut...or prove me wrong. Either way smart money would have him as fish food for the other TUF winner who ever it may be and if not lets hope he keeps it up with the highlight reel KO's.

Mike Wilkinson vs. Mike Rio/John Cofer winner- Pretty much why Beltran should fight Donovan...I don't know how far any of the 3 involved in this possible fight will go, but it should be pretty cool to watch.

I'd like to see Peirce vs DHK or Ellenberger. Maybe even Woodley if he comes over.

Munoz and Lombard have beef if i'm not mistaken...Hopefully Mark would come in better shape then the Weidman fight....Mike Pierce should get loser of Condit-McDonald, Give Pierce Nate the great or Woodley.... Thoughts?

good list but + Rory v Hendricks

Joey Beltran needs to fight Griggs. Lombard should fight Munoz

Lombard/Munoz is a good fight. Tough return fight for Mark, considering the surgery and the nature of his last loss. Would be surprised if the UFC made that fight, but I sure as hell would watch it if they did.

Griggs though, on the other hand, i'm not so sure about. He's landed two significant strikes in his UFC career, seriously. I'm usually not one to complain about the roster, but he needs to not be around anymore.

about to make it better
beltran should fight fabio
and lombard should fight stann

I agree with Beltran vs Fabio, but Lombard would have to wait too long for Stann. Stann got Wanderlei in March. Munoz would probably be ready before then, as would Weidman. Not sure what lies ahead for Lombard, but he made a pretty good impression against Paul Harris last night. Looking forward to see his next fight, whoever it is against.

In related news does anyone else not think this is co-main event worthy? I do like both fighters but kind of a lame co-main.

Absolutely.

It's a free card w/ a title fight and the winner of Siver/Swanson will be right in line for a #1 contender fight...plus that's an amazing fight stylistically.

Absolutely.

It's a free card w/ a title fight and the winner of Siver/Swanson will be right in line for a #1 contender fight...plus that's an amazing fight stylistically.

I mean I don't hate it, I think Siver can stand with almost anyone in the division, I was just hoping for a more high profile fight that's all...I guess there are alot of fight cards going on right now and your right the main event is a title fight....

Lombard/Munoz is a good fight. Tough return fight for Mark, considering the surgery and the nature of his last loss. Would be surprised if the UFC made that fight, but I sure as hell would watch it if they did.

Griggs though, on the other hand, i'm not so sure about. He's landed two significant strikes in his UFC career, seriously. I'm usually not one to complain about the roster, but he needs to not be around anymore.

Don't hate Griggs cuz he was tooled in his last fights. He needs to fight a brawler and then everyone can see chad at his finest. Hence, Joey

Back