My matches from Jiujitsu World League this weekend

Awesome job. Your closed guard looks exhausting for the guy on top.

Awesome job. Your closed guard looks exhausting for the guy on top.

You mean my spider/lasso guard right? Or my closed guard at the beginning? I maintain a real active guard. Had to be careful with Jonatas because he's a beast.

Last edited:
You mean my spider/lasso guard right? Or my closed guard at the beginning? I maintain a real active guard. Had to be careful with Jonatas because he's a beast.

Both. I was thinking more along the lines of your first match and the beginning of the second.

I celebrated a little more than normal after I beat Jonatas. He's beaten my twice before so it was good to get the W over him this time. Not to mention it was my birthday that day so that was the best gift to myself ever!! Lol

Okay yeah. Yeah, there was a lot of grip fighting there. I made sure I established the grips I wanted and avoided the ones they wanted. So you could see a lot of that, against Jonatas especially.

Last edited:
TTT. I know things get buried quick up in here lol.

30 year olds are seniors now?

Edit:
Can't watch as I'm at work but book marked this for later

Masters divisions start at 30 I believe. I'm a few years past that now lol.

Thanks brother. Lasso/spider is a big part of my game.

Nice matches! Good win over Jonatas - dude is very good. Great timing on the sweep too - if you had swept him too early, it would be very hard to fend off that damn half guard sweep of his for a long time :)

Waiting till the end wasn't part of the game plan lol. I was working for that sweep the entire match. It finally presented itself towards the end of the match. I also tried sucking his arm in for omoplata off the lasso early on, that's when he almost passed. He's out-pointed me twice before (2-0 and 5-0) before so I was excited to get a little payback lol.

Last edited:
Beautiful matches all around. Can you point me in the direction of any spider lasso guard vids , or even matches where there used heavily. I've started using it a bunch and wanna get a bit more insight. I'm especially having issues with guy posting their weight forward and straightening their arms (lucas lepri style).

Nice! Can you break down both sumbissons? I didn't quite catch them in the video.

Thank you in advance.

First match I tried for a triangle. As he pulled his head out I transitioned to omoplata. He tried stepping over to defend and that's when I jumped on the toe hold. Second match I won 2-0. Only sub attempt was when I tried sucking the lasso arm in for omoplata. He postured up and that's when he almost passed.

Beautiful matches all around. Can you point me in the direction of any spider lasso guard vids , or even matches where there used heavily. I've started using it a bunch and wanna get a bit more insight. I'm especially having issues with guy posting their weight forward and straightening their arms (lucas lepri style).

Michael Langhi. Watch his matches and instructionals.

BJJ players moving around like crabs while standing always make me laugh.

Congratulations!

Back