My master astrophotography thread (OP updated)

rj144

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
My latest pic:

trifid-lagoon-1hr36min-500-20s-x2staraffasmall.jpg

Another version:

starlesslagoontrifidsmall.jpg

Some requested I make one giant thread where I post all my pics, so here it is. I actually was trying a new program today and redid some pics again.

So, here are a few of the pics I've taken and I'll add more later:

Andromeda:

m31-4hr-no-filsirps.jpg

Rosette Nebular:

rosette-5hourssir32b.jpg

Bode's Galaxy and Cigar Galaxy:

m91-5hsir23b.jpg

M42 (Great Orion Nebula) and Running Man:

orion-420mm-1-siraff2.jpg

Pleidaes:

r-bkg-r-pp-images-stackedc4.jpg

Triangulum Galaxy:

triang-2hrsirps-lumps2.jpg

M42 with the Flame and Horsehead Nebula:

orion-horse-good-5hrr.jpg

Last edited:
Nice stuff mate, I really like your Horse Head Nebula.

With billions of galaxies each containing billions of stars, no one will ever convinvpce me that we’re alone in the universe.

Nice stuff mate, I really like your Horse Head Nebula.

With billions of galaxies each containing billions of stars, no one will ever convinvpce me that we’re alone in the universe.

Thanks.

Started this tonight. It's called Barnard's Loop and it's the faint red thing here most easily seen at the top:

orion60-2hrsira.jpg

But it actually wraps all the way around in this frame. I just need more time to get it better. It's huge. This is with a 60 mm lens... so like a typical lens, not even a zoom lens.

@rj144 do you use any kind of app or anything to help you locate an object in the sky first before you aim your equipment at it? If so, which one would you recommend?I’ve tried a couple of different ones on my phone when I’m messing around with my telescope but they’re not that great. For example I haven’t been able to find andromeda on any of them.

@rj144 do you use any kind of app or anything to help you locate an object in the sky first before you aim your equipment at it? If so, which one would you recommend?I’ve tried a couple of different ones on my phone when I’m messing around with my telescope but they’re not that great. For example I haven’t been able to find andromeda on any of them.

I use Starchart, but I usually just use Stellarium and identify landmarks to find things.

Andromeda is not out long now, by the way.

I use Starchart, but I usually just use Stellarium and identify landmarks to find things.

Andromeda is not out long now, by the way.

Cool, thanks. I was just using andromeda as an example, I think it was September or thereabouts that I last tried to look for it.

Back