My last fight *vid*

Sanni Wehbe

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zy4mju8fvew&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zy4mju8fvew&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Decided to post on grappling forums since im a grappler. Im in camo trunks. My last fight at a small event in LA, sorry the video is crappy, the promoter still has the tape.. Comments ?

were you the won getting pummelled or the one doing the pummelling?... go get yourself an amatuer fighter tag...

damn that was a very late stoppage...

lol, I dont think i would post it if i was getting pummeled. but yeah that was late stoppage, i pointed that out to the ref and the guy actually tapped.

Honestly? Your puching technique is god awful! I understand that you are a grappler but your punches have NOTHING on them! You are basically playing pitty pat.

If you want to seriously pursue MMA you need some serious work on your stand up. You need to learn how to generate POWER in your puches. I think the fight wasnt stopped bc you simply werent hurting the guy! Make him feel every punch...even if he blocks it!!

I also think you need to find a differnt promoter! It looks like there are about 13 people there and your opponent is pretty hideous.

I give you a lot of credit for fighting and you are an amateur so I know your still learning but put MUCH more of your mat time focused on stand up!

Honestly? Your puching technique is god awful! I understand that you are a grappler but your punches have NOTHING on them! You are basically playing pitty pat.

If you want to seriously pursue MMA you need some serious work on your stand up. You need to learn how to generate POWER in your puches. I think the fight wasnt stopped bc you simply werent hurting the guy! Make him feel every punch...even if he blocks it!!

I also think you need to find a differnt promoter! It looks like there are about 13 people there and your opponent is pretty hideous.

I give you a lot of credit for fighting and you are an amateur so I know your still learning but put MUCH more of your mat time focused on stand up!

I'm confused by this post because we never saw the TS stand up...he went straight for a takedown and got it.

Thanks for posting the video. You looked pretty dominant in your match.

If you are serious about MMA, you need to find a different promoter though. I would not consider that to be an amateur MMA match. I have fought in several similar matches, and I just consider them to be competitive sparring.

Again, thanks for posting the video. Good luck with your training, and keep us updated.

Its true, my stand up wasnt shown because i wanted nothing to do with the standup. Hes a brawler and i wanted to take it straight to the mat. What tips do you guys have for improving punching power on the ground?

Its true, my stand up wasnt shown because i wanted nothing to do with the standup. Hes a brawler and i wanted to take it straight to the mat. What tips do you guys have for improving punching power on the ground?

chop some wood or hammer a tire - notice how you can generate a lot more power by using your core strength over your arm strength. Watch someone like fedor ground and pound and you'll see what i mean

chop some wood or hammer a tire - notice how you can generate a lot more power by using your core strength over your arm strength. Watch someone like fedor ground and pound and you'll see what i mean

Uh, that would be the later stages of training.
There are women at my gym that could knock you out. Why? Because of technique!
Chopping wood and hitting tires won't do anything for you unless you know how to throw a punch in the first place.
Take a boxing class. Not a muay thai class. Those punches are a little different.
Usually MMA gyms teach muay thai but you should seek out a western style boxing gym and take a few classes.

Once you learn to drop your weight into your punches and develop the timing, then you can chop wood and hit the tire like trickster suggested.

That;s only for stand up.

You will still need the muay thai classes too.

Oh, one more thing. You looked pretty good in your match.
If you flatten a guy out on his belly and he is blocking the choke from behind don't worry. The best thing to do is neck crank the F*cker, hands and all. His neck and arms are weaker than your upper body.

Thanks for the input . I felt like i threw way too many weak punches and that they weren't hurting him. I also went a bit too crazy on the ground and pound. One more thing, when i shot in for the takedown, i didnt keep my hands up, if my guy didnt think he could out grapple me, i would have been punched in the face. what do you think the best way to set up the td is?

with competant striking... if a guy has nothing to fear in the stand-up, he is gonna be much harder to takedown, coz he can leave his head exposed defending the takedown and not have to worry about getting rocked/KO'd

Thanks for the advice guys. I should have my next fight in July, it will be a lot better. :)

Personally I'm kinda glad you didn't have a lot of power in your punches when you had the mount. That ref was letting it go on and on, and you could have seriously done some massive injury to the guy if you knew how to land some really hard blows. Good job keeping him mounted.

Back