my honest take on mcgregor

tymikeson

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
And I think this is probably the opinion of most sane mma fans on sherdog

1. I love to hate his personality.

2. He does have very good skills....but its hard to judge skill against the mediocore opposition he has faced.

3. he has good finishing instinct.

4. his extreme level of confidence could be his downfall...usually guys with very high confidence crack easily when things don't start to go their way.

5. he does pose a threat to aldo

irish boxing note-

he has the exact opposite personality of the loveable but relentless irish mickey ward. also, while were talking about irish fighters, does anyone remember when 34-9micky ward went over to Ireland and put a beatdown on the very hyped overconfident undefeated Irishman 22-0 shea neary? neary retired shortly after.

16317793495_b001534cf2_o.jpg

His personality is great for business. He seems to have the real stuff. Aldo is a world beater, but we dont have to look far to see what TJ did to Renan.

I have learned to hate Conor, not for himself but just from all the manlove here at Sherdog, but now that I've actually seen him fight, I get it a little more. He might not pan out against world class competition, but I actually hope he does. A guy like him is refreshing in a Ric Flair sort of way (prime Ric Flair, NWA days).

I dunno, maybe I just like him because I lack self-confidence, and he has it and then some. But the kid can fight.

Shea Neary was English and Micky Ward never fought in Ireland.

Mediocre competition?

Conor just dispatched two top ten dudes consecutively.

Shame on you, TS.

Hail Conor!

I think Aldo will eat up that lead right leg other then that didn't see to much for concern

2 things: knowledge of distance and superb balance. those will and have helped him in both striking & grappling.

So far he's been able to walk down everyone during his 5 UFC fights. Brandao is strong early on, Siver has good takedowns, but Conor's too nimble to be held down.

I agree with point #4. He's as talented as reckless. The way he approach opponents with his chin exposed and his hands down can be his downfall if a striker the caliber of Aldo connect him clean, although he seems to have a pretty solid chin.
That being said, the kid is fun to watch and he's also a personality. Can't wait for that fight.

Mediocre opposition?

Were you one of those fans who wanted to see Aldo/Swanson II after Cub beat Poirier by UD, Siver in the 3rd after being owned for much of the fight on the ground?

Joke, mate. Absolute joke.

Conor needed 7mins to flatline both of those guys combined. Will he beat Aldo? No chance, IMO. But give it up.

When you guys start calling top 10 fighters "mediocre" just to find something negative to say about Conor, it actually justifies him getting a title shot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back